London SE1 community website

Gregg Wallace

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 4 of 16
Monday 6 February 2012 10.46am
The ground floor restaurant looked open for business when I passed Bermondsey Square Hotel at 6pm last night. No punters at that hour though.
Tuesday 7 February 2012 2.01pm
I asked at the hotel reception on Saturday and they said the restaurant was opening on 27 Feb. Perhaps they have already started serving breakfast to the hotel guests (which can't be difficult). And maybe have a soft opening week prior to the launch for the rest of us.
Thursday 9 February 2012 8.50am
Pieces of Eight wrote:
"Ingredients expert"? He still comes across as an amateurish mockney t*t.

He's fairly local born & bred SE London boy nothing 'mock' about him my pirate friend
Thursday 9 February 2012 8.52am
Plus his his does lovely jam doughnuts & sausage rolls in his place on Tower Bridge Rd ;)
Thursday 9 February 2012 11.30am
Sidney wrote:
Pieces of Eight wrote:

He's fairly local born & bred SE London boy nothing 'mock' about him my pirate friend

O.K, I hereby withdraw the mockney tag (although he does overplay the old "apples and pears, my old man's a dustman" schtick). My assertion that he is an amateurish t*t still stands. Had to switch it off last night, the man is execrable. "That's luverly that" - give me strength.
Monday 13 February 2012 7.52pm
Really excited to try Gregg's place! A personal plea to Gregg - please can you do Bermondsey Kitchen brunches at Gregg's kitchen? I miss them!!!! And maybe their chocolate pud. I loved that choc pud. I never tasted one as good anywhere else, no matter how hard I searched :(
Tuesday 14 February 2012 2.27pm
Pieces of Eight wrote:
Sidney wrote:
Pieces of Eight wrote:

O.K, I hereby withdraw the mockney tag (although he does overplay the old "apples and pears, my old man's a dustman" schtick). My assertion that he is an amateurish t*t still stands. Had to switch it off last night, the man is execrable. "That's luverly that" - give me strength.

I've been annalysing this since this thread popped up and I have to say Mr Torrode comes out with some priceless comments himself,not least "whoop whoop" if that had been Greg he would have got it on here for that.
I also believe that Greg has toned down his cockney "my old mans a dustman schtick",in fact I know he has,you'd know about it if he hadn't of,guvnor.
Tuesday 28 February 2012 5.30pm
Has anyone tried it yet? Is there a soft opening? What do you think of the 70's inspired menu? Revamp seemed nice from the pictures on the website...
Tuesday 28 February 2012 5.49pm
I'm loving the 70's menu! Boiled beef and carrots and T-bone steaks - perfect. Pricing seems reasonable for the area. Hope the flavours match up too
Wednesday 29 February 2012 11.01am
Where's the menu?

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 4 of 16

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions