London SE1 community website

Gregg Wallace

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 16
Wednesday 29 February 2012 11.07am
is there a website?
Wednesday 29 February 2012 11.32am
Ivanhoe wrote:
Where's the menu?
I spotted Gregg's menu on the glass wall of the hotel facing the churchyard on Saturday when I was buying my veg at Bermondsey Square Market. It includes comfort food such as Welsh Rarebit, fish fingers, etc
Wednesday 29 February 2012 11.45am
Luvverly
Wednesday 29 February 2012 12.13pm
Thanks, Juanita. Maybe they'll get as far as putting it on their website.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 29 February 2012 12.20pm
juanita wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:
Where's the menu?
I spotted Gregg's menu on the glass wall of the hotel facing the churchyard on Saturday when I was buying my veg at Bermondsey Square Market. It includes comfort food such as Welsh Rarebit, fish fingers, etc

"Fish fingers and cheese on toast. I'm being ironic ain't I. That'll be 30 quid me old china plate. Luvverly"
Wednesday 29 February 2012 12.37pm
Here's the website:

http://www.greggstable.com/

I have been told that the T-Bone has been changed to a sirloin and I see the lobster thermidor is now whole, instead of half. I had the latter when I went to a soft opening, but I'll reserve comment until I return.

They had the official opening on Monday 27th - but there appears to be a complete lack of local PR.
Wednesday 29 February 2012 1.08pm
any news on the decor? i just cannot see a market for this restaurant, the hotel is good but the location is a bit of a white elephant, the best places are concentrated on b st now.. am not sure anything will really work at that spot..

the menu is less comfort food more complete 70's

i am sure things will creep accross eventually but i dont theink the punters of zucca and jos are gonna be attracted to mr wallis's charms
Wednesday 29 February 2012 1.39pm
You can see pics of the inside under gallery on the website. Very stripped down, bare wood, nice bistro type feel I think
Wednesday 29 February 2012 2.36pm
looks great on the website & nice pricing. definately a big improvement. as far as its location goes don't forget they are also in a hotel with ready made clientele so it should do well. Will pop in...
Wednesday 29 February 2012 2.57pm
Menu and wine list don't appeal to me in the slightest. Can't see why on earth I'd want to eat chicken kiev, or boiled beef and carrots. And if I ever did, I'd not pay those prices for them; I'd cook them myself.

On the other hand, it IS different from any of the other nearby offerings, and I suppose I've got to allow for the teeny possibility that a professional restarauteur has more idea about what will be successful than I do.

Good luck to them, but I can't see me popping in any time soon.

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 16

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions