London SE1 community website

Livebait (The Cut) closed down

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Friday 20 January 2012 3.01pm
Agree it's a pity that Livebait has shut down - after a pretty serious period of decline. On the plus side though, a Byron Burger is a great thing!
Friday 20 January 2012 3.01pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
I've never had a burger in my life and am not planning to start now.
If you like red meat, I think burgers can be great. (Homemade ones, not ones made out of carboard and scrotum. One of the nicest meals I had recently was a longhorn and chorizo burger served on rosti.)

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 20 January 2012 3.22pm
Sainsburys aberdeen angus 1'4 pounder cook to perfection on the Greg Wallace (ok george foreman but you watch!)is as good a burger as your ever going to eat.
Friday 20 January 2012 4.33pm
There's 3 Burger "joints" now within walking distance: The new one on the Cut, the GBK next to Clink Prison and the GBK near St Paul's. They're closing in on me... Shame about Bertorelli.
Friday 20 January 2012 5.21pm
Bryon seems to be as ubiquitous as bloody pret a manager and its only been going 5 minutes. Burgers are fast food and crap food. I agree with Edward Woodward I feel there are too many "upscale" burger bars everywhere in the area
Friday 20 January 2012 7.11pm
but better than "downscale"... or an empty shop
Friday 20 January 2012 8.40pm
boroughpaul wrote:
but better than "downscale"... or an empty shop

Only slightly though.
Friday 20 January 2012 9.58pm
Tried Livebait once and that was enough. Some parts of the group seem still to be going though, with decent January deals for instance at www.chezgerard.co.uk (Waterloo, Bishopsgate and beyond).
Saturday 21 January 2012 8.07am
I had similarly dire food and service at Livebait so no loss IMHO. Applebees restaurant in Borough market serve some good fish dishes, and often have offers on, and Wright bros lovely grub too although you don't get much elbow room there.
Saturday 21 January 2012 4.13pm
If for some reason you are upset because this means you will never get the chance to see Ross Kemp and Rebekah Brooks dining in a virtually empty Livebait while being snooped on in an ironic invasion of privacy all i can offer you is this very very short video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtUN_i7ekTg
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions