London SE1 community website

I'm a Stranger Here Myself

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5
Jon
Wednesday 2 June 2004 10.50am
Harsh but fair.
Bee
Wednesday 2 June 2004 10.59am
"Harsh but fair" - that's me.

If Ivanhoe is going to dish it, he should be able to take it too. And Biro, I am only echoing - albeit less politely - what this site's esteemed editor has already said in at least one much earlier thread (i.e. give cider mania a rest. Ivanhoe ignored this).
Wednesday 2 June 2004 11.30am
Oh come guys- be mild. It was Tharg and Ivanhoe who made me drink my first glass of English cider and I find their passion quite amusing. Moreover, the tip he gave to Jet seems interesting enough.
Wednesday 2 June 2004 11.38am
Yes indeed. In this instance I believe that Ivan's mention of his favourite tipple were fully justified.

"I knew I was cured"
Wednesday 2 June 2004 11.44am
Bee,

Buzz off.

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Wednesday 2 June 2004 11.45am
Are Tharg & Ivanhoe guilty of getting you into drinking mild as well, Maurits?

Bee must have got out of bed on the wrong side.... too much claret last night?
Wednesday 2 June 2004 12.19pm
I don't know that I can be blamed for any of Maurits' drinking habits, since unfortunately we've never met in the flesh.

[But I'd be very happy to buy you a pint of "cyclist" any time, M, and hope to get the chance soon]

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Wednesday 2 June 2004 12.41pm
I didn't realise I'd made you drink ***** Maurits, I've only met you once, and then I was plastered after a champagne binge. Ivanhoe is absolutely correct, the border area around Herefordshire is stunningly beautiful, so too the border area to the south where I come from, the Wye Valley and Forest Of Dean. I've just come in after a mornings cycling in that area; a few bluebells left, foxgloves coming through everywhere and deer running through the trees. All this in glorious sunshine. Jet, you are really going to enjoy your trip I promise you.
Right, enough of this nonsense, I'm off for a spot of pottering in the garden. Bee, why don't you come to the next social, where I can bore you rigid with a few samples I'll be bringing back to SE1 with me?

Post edited (02 Jun 04 14:01)
Wednesday 2 June 2004 12.43pm
We'll meet the 21 June in the Leathermarket Gardens- with plenty of...
Wednesday 2 June 2004 12.52pm
Which reminds me, did we come up with a wet weather plan for the 21st ?

Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions