London SE1 community website

Fabulous new cafe in Bermondsey Spa Park

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 29 February 2012 7.48pm
Am so excited about the new cafe in Bermondsey Spa Park that I am writing my very first se1 forum post (normally I just read it without joining in). It opened on Sunday and will open six days a week, from 8am 'til 4pm.
Great - Monmouth - coffee. Lovely teas and hot chocolate. Plus homemade cakes and biscuits. It's a fabulous addition to the park (on the corner of the Ellen Brown centre) and I hope everyone supports it.
Zoe
Wednesday 29 February 2012 8.29pm
I always felt it needed a cafe, I will cycle down when the weather is a bit warmer and sit and drink some tea with a good book!!
Thursday 1 March 2012 12.45am
I was in the park on Sunday afternoon and saw the tables and chairs outside and thought it was a private party (there was a bouncy castle) If I had known about it I would have gone over and got a cup of tea.

Will definitely give it a try, I hope they are successful.
Thursday 1 March 2012 10.49am
Great news! Thanks for sharing SandL.
Tuesday 6 March 2012 8.12pm
Cafe update: they've added sandwiches and soup to the menu! (No connection - just very grateful!) Yum.
S.G
Friday 9 March 2012 4.50pm
Thanks for this! Does anyone know if they have a website yet? I will definitely be supporting it, this part of SE1 is often neglected/overlooked. I hope it does well as it is needed.
Friday 9 March 2012 5.16pm
S.G wrote:
this part of SE1 is often neglected/overlooked.

And don't forget Café Amisha that is just there too! I ate there on Thursday for the first time in a while and had really delicious food (the dish of the day is always a good bet). It certainly deserves more custom.

And I'll check out the café at some stage too.
S.G
Friday 9 March 2012 6.07pm
We did try Cafe Amisha once! Dare I say it, I've had better pizza! I do like to support local businesses though.
Friday 9 March 2012 6.16pm
Having heard good reports, I wanted to have my Birthday Party at Cafe Amisha, last year, but did not receive a response to 2 emails.

Maybe that's why it never looks very busy....
Friday 9 March 2012 7.03pm
the menu on the Cafe Amisha website has the same item listed 3 times! a little attention to detail might help
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions