London SE1 community website

Fabulous new cafe in Bermondsey Spa Park

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Sunday 11 March 2012 12.10am
Philpotts24 wrote:
Having heard good reports, I wanted to have my Birthday Party at Cafe Amisha, last year, but did not receive a response to 2 emails.

I'm a firm believer in the value of a quick phone call at times like this! I'd rather they have good quality food than website... Their big tables are perfect for a party.

As for the pizza, I have never had as good a pizza as I have in Paris (even in Italy) so I agree that the pizzas are not completely up to scratch in my books, but then I know of nowhere that matches up to what I would rate as good... I more often than not go for an antipasto and dish of the day/pasta and these do not disappoint.

I hear that in the park café, free Spanish lessons for children are being offered.
Monday 12 March 2012 12.31am
As for the pizza, I have never had as good a pizza as I have in Paris (even in Italy) so I agree that the pizzas are not completely up to scratch in my books, but then I know of nowhere that matches [/quote

OMG what my eyes have read! I hope this is a joke... Or you never been to Italy. Otherwise I can give you a couple of thousand addresses to change your mind...otherwise anything you say about food is barely believable...
Monday 12 March 2012 1.21am
orione wrote:
As for the pizza, I have never had as good a pizza as I have in Paris (even in Italy) so I agree that the pizzas are not completely up to scratch in my books, but then I know of nowhere that matches [/quote
OMG what my eyes have read! I hope this is a joke... Or you never been to Italy. Otherwise I can give you a couple of thousand addresses to change your mind...otherwise anything you say about food is barely believable...

You just can't help yourself can you.
Monday 12 March 2012 6.46am
i am going to italy next month...i could do with a couple of thousand recommendations!
Monday 12 March 2012 8.31am
What you mean? I cannot help myself.
Pizza in Paris better than Italy.. Well I am Italian and I can tell you that you will not be able to decide where to go for food as you will be completely spoiled for choice.. Just avoid tourists traps. In this case you stay in your place borough paul.. Right?
Monday 12 March 2012 8.36am
And yes I could give you some good reccomenfstioms.. In case of ElenorT I guess she has been in the wrong places.. Even in Japan you can find great pizza or Sartori in London or Donna margherita in Clapham.. But when you try the real thing with the fresh produce you raise you hands..
Monday 12 March 2012 9.25am
Anyway this is out of the main thread so I would drop it here to let people discussing about the new coffee shop. But if you wish to have suggestions for real just PM.
Cheers
Monday 12 March 2012 12.20pm
Best pizza i've had was in Portugal and i've been to Italy 5 times.....(smiley face with tongue poking).

What I mean by "you just can't help yourself"is that you have deemed any future opinions that EleanorT might have,regarding food, as not to be believed,it's her opinion,get over it.

Back to thread.
Monday 12 March 2012 1.35pm
To bring this thread back on point, we had a lovely coffee from the cafe this morning and sat outside enjoying the sunshine before heading off to work. It's a fantastic addition to the park and I hope they thrive.
Monday 12 March 2012 3.58pm
Is there also a very good place to buy coffee to brew at home?
I am looking for an alternative to Monmouth coffee. Not that I don't like it but to have more choice. I buy sometimes a Portuguese coffee near where I work but it is just a medium coffee. Nothing special.

And sorry.. I confused Boroughnian with boroughpaul.. Wrong prescription glasses..
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions