London SE1 community website

The Elephant - what do you like about it?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Wednesday 14 March 2012 7.02am
You're right, Merlin Rouge, Edge is a non word and just a lazy get-out for "special, not like anywhere else, not what you imagine, not for everyone, you need to know it to love it, only the cool and the really original people can appreciate it, get off your high horse and stop looking down on us, it's your loss and our gain...." etc!!
Wednesday 14 March 2012 12.27pm
"edge" to me always meant slightly dangerous and I suppose years ago at night it was (or could be)at the elephant,not now though so it's lost it's edge,thankfully.
Thursday 15 March 2012 12.35am
I really like the new coloured lights in the center of the roundabout! They look cool and really brighten up the whole roundabout as a physical 'space.'

Other thoughts on these?
Monday 19 March 2012 9.31am
I live at the Elephant and love it. Been here for 20 years which is longer than I have lived anywhere else so something must be right. I moved here because of the proximity to the City, West End, Soho, etc. but have come to enjoy visiting the War Museum, South Bank, Borough Market, East Street Market, and within the shopping centre, cheap lunches at Mamuska, clothes from Sensational and great food from the little Lithuanian shop downstairs.Oh, and my sister found some excellent shoes and boots in the Clarks outlet. Nearby there's great jazz in the evening at Toulouse Lautrec, which is rather like a mini Ronnie Scotts on Monday nights, but local.

http://barcelonavisit.com
Holiday flat in Barcelona
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions