London SE1 community website

Linden Homes Blackfriars Road development (was: Garages on Pocock Street)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 4 of 9
Friday 23 November 2012 5.05pm
BARD has called a demonstration next Saturday:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/whatson/event/13534

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 26 November 2012 11.41am
As a resident of Nelson Square, and our part of Southwark being ripe and profitable for development, one has to accept the inevitable. But as far as the two Linden Homes proposals go, neither are acceptable

The option for a very tall tower would blight the area and look totally out of place and would be far better positioned north of Union Street. The other option for a 15 storey tower is simply a no goer insofar as the crumbs offered to the local community by way of a sweetener
Monday 26 November 2012 10.41pm
What is the purpose of the demonstration on Saturday, is someone from LBS planning or Linden Homes going to be in the area?
Thursday 6 December 2012 7.30pm
Online petition about the Linden Homes development in Balckfriars Road, please sing and invite your friends to sign too! Campaign has got to a good start!

https://www.change.org/petitions/blackfriars-action-for-responsible-development-169-173-blackfriars-road-se1

Blog for BARD (Blackfriars Action for Responsible Development)

http://betterblackfriars.wordpress.com/
Thursday 6 December 2012 7.32pm
Karen I wrote:
What is the purpose of the demonstration on Saturday, is someone from LBS planning or Linden Homes going to be in the area?

The main point of this demonstration was to publicize the campaign and get petitions signed. No representation from Linden homes invited, and the petition will be give to Southwark planning when completed.
Thursday 6 December 2012 7.38pm
I believe Linden homes is a subsidiary of another business. Does anyone know which, and where their head office is located. I did attend the demonstration at the weekend and would be happy to shout and cause a commotion outside their head office if it is not too far away.
Thursday 6 December 2012 10.13pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galliford_Try

Not sure where their offices are
Zoe
Thursday 6 December 2012 10.20pm
Near Heathrow airport, Uxbridge.
Thursday 6 December 2012 10.46pm
Interesting. Just looked at both web-sites and they don't seem to have much experience in building the type of building they want to put on Blackfriars Road. They do say they are passionate about housing; presumably just their own!
Friday 7 December 2012 2.14am
I know this won't be popular on here, but I support the development.

To all those objectors, think about where Blackfriairs Road (and indeed most of SE1) is. It's a mile or so from the centre of the country's capital city. To hope that it will remain undeveloped is unrealistic.

Don't get me wrong, I think we should protect the essential character of SE1. Old warehouses, beautiful buildings and special streets. But Blackfriars Road is bleak and ugly (I can say that because I used to live there), but has potential to be something much better. I'm not saying this proposal is great, but I don't think there is anything wrong with a tall tower per se.

Throughout it's history, the borough has always been diverse, changing and an eclectic mix - probably not the best place to live if you are a NIMBY? Great for those who want to be part of a dynamic and constantly evolving city.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 4 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions