London SE1 community website

T-mobile mast erected without planning permission

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 3 June 2004 9.49am
Hi. Just to let you know that T-mobile erected a mobile telephone mast on the pavement in Willow Walk last week (opposite end of Curtis Way). Southwark Planning Department have confirmed that T-mobile do not have permission for this mast, and had only put in a pre-application submission, not even a Planning Application. Southwark Planning have referred the matter to their Enforcement Team.
The mast is 12.7m high and near to the houses in Curtis Way. There is a small notice taped to the mast from T-mobile giving an address to write to if you have any objections!

OK, I have just been down to the site of the T-Mobile mast and there are workmen from EDF Energy there digging up the road to lay cabling for the mast, which they hope to complete by tomorrow/Sat.

The details of the note posted on the mast by T-Mobile are as follows:

There is reference to "Paragraph 18 of the Telecommunications Code (1984 schedule 2)" at the top, then it gives the following address:

T-Mobile Personal Communications Limited
Imperial Place
Maxwell Road
Borehamwood
Herts WD6 1EA

The mast address is Willow Walk, and Cell ref: no: 50083

It asks that anyone objecting under Paragraph 17 of the Telecommunications Code should write to the above address.

Post edited (03 Jun 04 13:31)
Thursday 3 June 2004 10.04am
I'll pass this on to my Corporate contact at T Mobile....
Jon
Thursday 3 June 2004 10.09am
can you post the adress on this topic, then we can all write and complain?

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions