London SE1 community website

NHS staff electoral challenge to Simon Hughes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Tuesday 20 March 2012 4.04pm
Yeah, I read that but what riles me is that Hughes is our local MP and Ministry of Sound have him in their pocket (the LD's campaign office is at MoS) and Cable is always banging on (quite rightly) about tax loop holes ... I just don't know how they can take the money with one hand and be so high and mighty on the other. None of us want to see loopholes exploited but to me these hypocritical politicians are even worse than the tax dodgers!
Tuesday 20 March 2012 5.40pm
urbanite wrote:
Any chance of some honesty from any of them...PLEASE!

Type 'Nigel Farage' into YouTube

I sure hope you can handle this much truth.

'Determined and Delusional' says it like it is.

I think you will find Mr Farage does say it like it is and does so in a world where the truth is not made welcome.
Tuesday 20 March 2012 7.38pm
Urbanite is right...the lot of them are a bunch of dishonest self-servers. i cite the expenses scandal as evidence. Hughes is no better, or worse than any of the others. Those who put faith in politicians deserve to be let down by them
Tuesday 20 March 2012 9.46pm
Simon Hughes in house of commons debate on health and social care bill reported as saying "I'm clear that there is still a huge amount of concern among constituents which is partly because of misrepresentations and misunderstandings. This is not a privatisation bill or a carve up of the NHS bill."

Misrepresentations? Misunderstandings? Surely not.. has simon hughes been spending too much time with andrew lansley?
Tuesday 20 March 2012 10.24pm
Aaah but he didn't feel that his constituents deserved the facts so as to make a judgment themselves,well of course there would be "misrepresentations" and "misunderstandings."
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Related news & features

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions