London SE1 community website

Blackfriars Bridge: light phase

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Sunday 1 April 2012 2.15pm
If you think cars don't routinely run the red lights then you're more dangerous than they are because you must have your eyes permanently closed.
Sunday 1 April 2012 2.34pm
jpm wrote:
oh and Beetroot, i'm not sure I agree with you. Cars pretty much stop at the red lights, it's the cyclists that don't (far too often)

Yep - the ratio of cyclists that don't stop to cars that do must be 100's to 1.
Sunday 1 April 2012 6.14pm
Yes it's obviously far more (though not 100 to 1) but it doesn't make the statement that cars 'pretty much stop at the red lights' any less stupid. Also, have either of you ever come across the concept of 'relevance' in discussion?
Sunday 1 April 2012 8.51pm
Yep - it's on the same page as "politeness" - have a look.
Sunday 1 April 2012 9.02pm
I will leave others to battle it out, but returning to Blackfriars bridge, I think the phasing would be good, as a non-cyclist, but what I don't understand is why Southwark has not grabbed a slice of the pavement between Stamford Street and the beginnig of the bridge as a cycle lane. in the morning the weight of cyclists, some of whom are rather slow, means that that short stretch is single lane followed by cars trying too get out of the bus lane. Slow mayhem.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions