London SE1 community website

Gregg Wallace's plans for Maltby Street Market

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 1 April 2012 9.30am
At risk of being told "told you so", I am starting to dislike Gregg Wallace.
Sunday 1 April 2012 9.33am
1st of April
Sunday 1 April 2012 9.42am
nigel wrote:
1st of April
If that is correct I don't mind having been had! That would be like waking up thinking it's Monday and it's only Sunday! It is Sunday today, isn't it?
Sunday 1 April 2012 10.17am
I'm not fully awake yet so I shuddered when I started to read the article but agree with Nigel -it's a joke. How can anyone take a site seriously that reports traditional cockney food as "cockled eel and liquor", or perhaps that was the intended clue to the joke-not.I was predisposed to dislike Mr. Wallace simply because I dislike professional "Cockerneys" and I hate contrived reality shows so he is a no-no on at least two counts for me.
Sunday 1 April 2012 4.57pm
Check it again....confirms it was an April Fool.
Sunday 1 April 2012 5.50pm
It is not even april fool..It is another typical " ghost advertisement " for Maltby street Market ...
It is not the first time..

Cooler than cool crowd ?!?! I did not know I was cooler than cool. Booooooooo
Sunday 1 April 2012 7.31pm
Orionne, your ability to argue the unarguable is incredible.

This, from that self same link above: [Updated 12.00pm - Yes, you guessed it - this was our April Fool]
Sunday 1 April 2012 11.28pm
exigo wrote:
Orionne, your ability to argue the unarguable is incredible.
This, from that self same link above: [Updated 12.00pm - Yes, you guessed it - this was our April Fool]

Pardon me? ..... Have a good night.
Monday 2 April 2012 1.31am
Thebunhouse wrote:
I'm not fully awake yet so I shuddered when I started to read the article but agree with Nigel -it's a joke. How can anyone take a site seriously that reports traditional cockney food as "cockled eel and liquor", or perhaps that was the intended clue to the joke-not.I was predisposed to dislike Mr. Wallace simply because I dislike professional "Cockerneys" and I hate contrived reality shows so he is a no-no on at least two counts for me.

You'll love micky Flanagan.
Monday 2 April 2012 11.14am
boroughonian wrote:
Thebunhouse wrote:

You'll love micky Flanagan.

He built a career on 1 joke about an "ahse".
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions