London SE1 community website

New barbershop on Great Suffolk Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 10 of 11
Friday 25 July 2014 10.05am
Ivanhoe wrote:
Philpotts24 wrote:
I just made my first visit this morning and am very pleased with the results. Ibrahim welcomed me and did a wonderful job with my hair; nice setting, too. Highly recommended :-)

You had your hair set? Didn't realise they did that. Must give it a try ;0)

haha!
Friday 25 July 2014 11.33am
"I'm here all week".

(And the way my hair is rapidly greying, I might need a purple rinse and set myself sometime soon.)

...if you press it, they will come.
Saturday 20 December 2014 2.38pm
I gave Jeffs Barbers a go this morning after reading good reviews on here and have to say I was really impressed. Nice clean place, comfy leather sofa and a couple of trendy arm chairs, welcoming atmosphere. Three young blokes cutting hair. Was seen as soon as I walked in. Ali (Turkish) offered me Turkish coffee or I could have had something else. I was a simple buzz cut but he really took his time going back over what he had done to get it exactly right all over. Used the traditional singeing of the ears method for removing ear hair which is great. Trimmed my eye brows, and used a cut throat on the back of my neck. Washed it through then reclined the chair and placed a hot towel over my face while my arms were massaged. Very chatty and friendly throughout. they also do wet shaves. Really impressed with how clean all the clippers and stuff were and a new blade used on back of next. Sometimes barbers shops are not the most hygienic places. I hadn't thought to ask the price and was worried with all the extras it would mount up but no. the bill was 16.50 and I left a 2 tip. Not the cheapest for a buzz cut but not the most expensive I've paid either. Very impressed and reminded me of some of the more trendy places that have opened up in Shoreditch which you'd pay much more for. I'll certain return.
Sunday 21 December 2014 5.55pm
I'm sure Jeff's is very good and I keep meaning to give it a go, but, save for the Turkish coffee, Sam's down in Southwark Park Road does exactly the same thing for 10.
Sunday 21 December 2014 11.49pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
I'm sure Jeff's is very good and I keep meaning to give it a go, but, save for the Turkish coffee, Sam's down in Southwark Park Road does exactly the same thing for 10.

Try Jeff's, then compare, contrast, and report here...
Tuesday 23 December 2014 10.51am
I have been having my haircut at Jeffs for some time. However, on the last occasion I was charged 18.50 for a wash and cut only. Prior to this I was being charged 17.00. For some reason I just felt I had been had. No more visits for me !
Tuesday 23 December 2014 11.16am
I will do, Jules, but at twice the price, I rather think I'd save the money and go and get my own coffee. People have been very descriptive on here in terms of the offering at Jeff's and it's on that basis I feel I can compare and contrast. Have you tried Sam's?
Tuesday 23 December 2014 7.33pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
I will do, Jules, but at twice the price, I rather think I'd save the money and go and get my own coffee. People have been very descriptive on here in terms of the offering at Jeff's and it's on that basis I feel I can compare and contrast. Have you tried Sam's?

I haven't had a haircut in years: my hair is now past my shoulders.

But no: I haven't tried Sam's, and only went to Jeffs after reading about it here.

I have curly hair: not the easiest for barbers to cut...
Wednesday 24 December 2014 12.31pm
Good for you! Mine doesn't grow much these days! I'll give Jeff's a go next time.
Thursday 25 December 2014 8.46am
Oui,great service reasonable prices and very friendly guys.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 10 of 11

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions