London SE1 community website

New barbershop on Great Suffolk Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 6 of 11
Monday 8 October 2012 11.53pm
Jeff's barber shop is a fantastic experience!

For someone who only went to West-End hair salons at over £45 per hair cut I admit I am hard to please and weary where I get my hair cut.

Ibrahim and his colleagues do a sterling job with the utmost of care and precision. The most unusual thing is that they actually cut the style that you ask for. Many branded salons such as Toni & Guy will only give you the "style of the month" hair cut, irrespective of your wishes or requests.

I have been there over ten times now and I can honestly say the quality and care is consistent. It is great... No booking, no queuing just good honest work. Another perk being as the price is so reasonable (£15); I will happily get a cut every 2-3 weeks to stay sharp.

If there are any of you that think that more money means a better hair cut like I did, then I urge you to give Jeff's barber's a try. Make sure you ask to get your neck shaven….

You will not be disappointed.
Tuesday 9 October 2012 3.15pm
James B- wrote:
I went there yesterday after loosely reading this thread, it was amazing! It was like a lunchtime adventure with the fire, hot towels (smelled like lemons!) and massages etc! I wasn't sure when the experience actually finished and sat in the chair for a while!

I've been going there for a while, since they just opened. I remember at the start, you automatically got a arm massage, hot towel wrap on face etc included with the cut. Now, they seem to have stopped doing that, and its just the haircut and ear-fire thing (not that I'm complaining, still think they're great!). Is the hot towel and massage now an extra you have to pay for in addition to the £15 for cut? Or is it request only now?
Wednesday 10 October 2012 1.42pm
I noticed the same thing. Not sure if it's because I'm a "regular" now or if they've just cut out the extras unless you request the full monty experience (presumably now more than 15 quid).
Wednesday 10 October 2012 6.50pm
Great place.
I say no to everything bar the cut - don't like any fuss.

Maybe the fact that there can be customers waiting means they do the 'extras' on request.

Suits me fine.
Monday 15 October 2012 9.24am
I went over the weekend. Very pleased with the cut, the time taken and an actual proper conversation instead of the usual awkward, forced chat you get with a hair cut. Ibrahim and his colleague made me feel at home, I forgot I was having my hair cut at one point.

Great to have this place on the doorstep.
Thursday 25 October 2012 8.34pm
I can only recommend this place, I have been twice and I have always been happy about the results.

Attention is exquisite as well, which never hurts!
Friday 2 November 2012 5.43am
Happy to recommend as well. Good luck to them. Stopped going to Sam's due to grumpy, gum chewing new barber, that I always seemed to end up. Jeffs could not be more friendly and attentive but without being inane. Hadnt been to suffolk street recently and amazed at the improvements - pls can we have some of that down the blue
Friday 2 November 2012 3.42pm
I'm sure the place in Great Suffolk Street is as good as people are saying, but Sam's down the Blue (SE16) does the best haircut for miles and miles in my opinion. It seems the place down GSS is trying to deliver the same offering, but it is only £9 down at Sam's. I haven't encountered a grumpy barber there and I've been going there for a good few years now.
Saturday 8 December 2012 7.51pm
I went today for the first time. Luckily for me it was a quiter Saturday so no long wait. Ibrahim, the owner, cut my hair then threw in the other bits people have talked about. He may have been giving me a bit more effort as a first-timer but still it was quite a performance, way more than your average hairdresser, let alone barber. All for £15 (I gave £5 tip). And a nice haircut too. I'll definitely be going back.
Saturday 8 December 2012 7.54pm
PS - not forgetting the delicious Turkish coffee.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 6 of 11

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions