London SE1 community website

Building a wetroom

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Friday 18 June 2004 10.42am
it's more like a bathroom, but fully tiled, with no actual bath/shower container, but the floor slopes slightly to a drainage point. toilet and sink as per usual, I thought, just inside the tiled waterproofed room.

They had some in the new accommodation at uni when I was there, but they were built wrong, so all the water drained away from the plug, under the door, and into the bedrooms - nice.
SEH
Friday 18 June 2004 11.38am
Roadrunner, they must have been designed by an architect, like mine.

Jai, in my experience, a wetroom is very nice - just make sure that:
a) the floor slopes towards the drainage point
b) the floor is solid.

I have a very nice wetroom (with Wedi), but the floor is level so I have to scrape the water towards the plughole and the floor is not completely solid so the tiles have moved slightly and the grout has cracked in places. The builders built a wooden platform to conceal the pipes (the floor is solid concrete), but it isn't completely rigid.

If you find a good tiler I'd love to know as I fear my floors will need to be retiled at some point!

Based on my experiences with an architect and supposedly "superior" builders, if in doubt, trust your own common sense rather than "expert" advice!
Friday 18 June 2004 11.43am
SEH - flexible grout might help. maybe you could even get away with just re-grouting?

gggggrrrrrruuff
Monday 21 June 2004 11.50am
Nice Job SEH...

thanks very much... have found several other systems since then, similar to that one.

I've managed to ship in a plumber from Poland at a reasonable rate... He comes with great references (friends who've used him). He's happy to work for a princely sum of money for him, and what is a very reasonable rate for me... all very happy...
Monday 9 August 2004 1.47pm
I have a product that can ensure that a wetroom never leaks through to the floor below,we also supply 'flush with the floor' shower deckswhich when used in conjunction with our membrane and tiled over gives you the real wetroom you have all dreamed aboutI

[email protected] if you need more details or costings

Monday 9 August 2004 3.17pm

wow - this is what i have always dreamed about ! can it be true?

Monday 9 August 2004 3.34pm
I had a dream about this last week.
Monday 9 August 2004 4.21pm
I had a dream about a deckswitch too. There must be something in the water round here...
Monday 9 August 2004 10.31pm
alfarm must be right then - he reckons we all dream about wetrooms.
Monday 9 August 2004 10.36pm
.......or perhaps mushrooms
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions