London SE1 community website

Building a wetroom

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Tuesday 10 August 2004 10.37am
So TUMJ would that be a wet..... then?
Tuesday 10 August 2004 11.23am

mapmaker's right - we all seem so much more relaxed... and calm.
Tuesday 24 August 2004 12.25pm
no.... it was definately a wetroom
Wednesday 25 August 2004 12.22am
We got ours done by Solidity (www.solidity.co.uk) and they did a really good job.
Thursday 9 December 2010 12.25pm
I've got a wet room type shower (yes, I know, not even a proper wet room, but it came with the flat) which has started to show symptoms of the problem SEH indicates on this thread.

"the floor is not completely solid so the tiles have moved slightly and the grout has cracked in places. The builders built a wooden platform to conceal the pipes (the floor is solid concrete), but it isn't completely rigid." (Sorry don't know how to use the quote facility to have had to cut and paste)

Anyone recommend someone who's a tiler/plumber/carpenter and could take a look? One trouble with asking someone to look at a "wet room" is they can assume you're loaded and price accordingly. And I'm not!
Thursday 9 December 2010 7.44pm
i would not recomend wedi board it's hard to cut so the joints are not tight.
i riped out and fitted some bathrooms in a hotel that had wedi board and replaced with ply. water has a way of getting though any thing if it's not tiled propery.
make sure you use a good tiler.
sorry i do not know one.
Thursday 9 December 2010 7.54pm
just seen the date on the first post guess your done hope its nice
Thursday 9 December 2010 11.12pm
Tom the Chippy, thanks for posting. Found a guy today who seems ok. Was put in touch with him by a plumber recommended elswhere on this site. So keeping my fingers crossed.
Sunday 12 December 2010 10.40pm
Hi i`m Stu of English Builders. you can email me at [email protected] for help and advice.
jw
Monday 10 January 2011 10.06pm
aoibhneas wrote:
Tom the Chippy, thanks for posting. Found a guy today who seems ok. Was put in touch with him by a plumber recommended elswhere on this site. So keeping my fingers crossed.

Who was the plumber? looking for someone good
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions