London SE1 community website

Council charges for leaseholders

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5
Wednesday 28 April 2004 11.17am
I got a section 20 regarding the cost of works that southwark are going to charge fnew windows,in February. which is what i started the thread with, now I have a letter saying the section 20 is incorrect and that they will be charging more for the costs, does anyone know if they can just change what is written on the section 20 2 months later.
without reissuing a section 20. and laso once they have issued one can it be changed when ever they feel ?
the nightmare continues.
now another 1000 on top. they must think we are all wealthy or something
Mart
Wednesday 28 April 2004 10.18pm
Has anyone managed to contact the Leaseholders Association of Southwark?
I wrote to them, asking about their activities and briefly stating my own case. All I had back was a telephone answering message basically telling me to b... off because I wasn't a member.

I did write back briefly, pointing my reason for writing was to become a member, but have'nt heard a sausage since.
Monday 7 June 2004 12.00pm
Hey Kyliedog,

A couple of things that may be of interest to you. The filming on Whites Grounds Estate in February did produce money for the residents / tenants. The company approached the JMB who, in turn, approached the Tenants and Residents Association. The TRA agreed a fee of a few hundred pounds and insisted on the letters going through the doors etc. That means the TRA has a few hundred quid on top of the normal amount from the council for stuff for the tenants and residents. The problem is, hardly anyone goes to the meetings, so nothing happens to the money, apart from a summer trip and sometimes a bbq.

The other thing is, they are planning major work on Tyers estate and Whites Grounds estate. They are replacing electrics for tenants, and also going to repair the concrete etc. I reckon we all know it needs it, but the JMB has said it might cost leaseholders a lot of money. There's a meeting at the JMB next Monday to talk about it. Also, at that meeting, the TRA might disband because noone goes to the meetings. Reckon it would be worth rounding some people up and getting down there.

I've heard that the estates managed by the JMB are better off than the ones that go through the council, but it's still worth keeping an eye on them.

Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions