London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Voices - Community Choir

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Sunday 4 August 2013 9.08pm
Kristina

I have a lot of sympathy with what you are aiming at, my wife might join you. But lay off the shouty bold type. It looks corporate and is very off-putting.
Monday 31 March 2014 12.02pm
Hi everyone,

Community choir Bermondsey Voices is always on the look-out for new members who love to sing. We are a non-auditioning choir and we sing every possible musical genre you could think of...

As always, the choir will perform at local events in SE1 and SE16 this spring an summer: Surrey Dock's Farm, St James Church and Bermondsey Carnival. We are also very excited about taking part in The Events at Young Vic. In the autumn, we will perform at Bermondsey Street Festival which is great fun and also hold our own Autumn Concert.

Our email address is info@bermondseyvoices.co.uk

We look forward to hearing (from) you.

Kristina Mansbridge
Music Director
www.bermondseyvoices.co.uk
Saturday 6 September 2014 7.53pm
Dear people of Bermondsey,

I am delighted to announce Southwark community choir Bermondsey Voices has been chosen to represent Bermondsey in the amazing Lord Mayor's Show on Saturday 8 November.

Our theme will be Bermondsey history and we will sing about the Bermondsey Women's Uprising 1911, the Biscuit Factory, the fabulous pioneer Ada Salter, WWI, the peace movement and so on. We will perform newly composed songs and are very much looking forward to this adventure.

There is still time to join us and we start rehearsing for the show, as well as for Bermondsey Street Festival, on Tuesday 9 September in St James Church on Thurland Road. We are looking for people who love to sing. It's going to be a quite intense autumn and we will have a lot rehearsals (there is a subscription fee to join the choir). If you are interested, please email me on info@bermondseyvoices.co.ukfor more information. There are no auditions.

Before the show, we will be giving art, drama and singing workshops in local schools. If you would like to know more about this, please email choir member Lyn Whiston on lyn@bermondseyvoices.co.uk We are almost fully booked but might be able to squeeze one or two more schools in.

We have started to receive our first donations from local businesses and are very grateful for any extra support for our work in local schools and promoting singing in our community. If you would like to help us by donating or sponsoring, please email choir member Abenaa Baffoe on abby@bermondseyvoices.co.uk

We are working with fabulous local designer Julie Nelson-Rhodes who has designed our amazing float and costumes and I will very soon update our website,
www.bermondseyvoices.co.uk so you can have a look. My laptop died yesterday and I'm trying to get my head around using an iPad, apologies.

If you would like to give us hand with building the float or sewing costumes, please give us a shout. It's all about community spirit and the more, the merrier.

PARKING SPACE - We are looking for help when it comes to parking our float in the week leading up to the show. It's a big lorry and we need quite a bit of space. Perhaps you know just the spot?

We are grateful for any help.

Thank you.

Kristina Mansbridge
Music Director
Bermondsey Voices
Saturday 6 September 2014 8.59pm
sent you email
Tuesday 9 September 2014 2.18pm
Dear all,

I forgot to mention you can attend a free taster rehearsal tonight!
7:30pm, St James Church, Thurland Road (just around the corner from Bermondsey tube station). Bring a sense of humour and maybe a water bottle.

Welcome!

Kristina x
Saturday 14 March 2015 5.56pm
Dear all,

Come along to a free and fun taster rehearsal with community choir Bermondsey Voices on Tuesday 17 March, 7:30PM. The rehearsal will take place in the beautifully refurbished pub The Grange on 103 Grange Road, London SE1 3BW.

Bermondsey Voices is a non auditioning choir open to anyone who likes to sing. There is still time to join us for our Spring Concert on 9 May. Any questions, email me on info@bermondseyvoices.co.uk or tweet to @BermondseyVoice

Get those lips moving...

Kristina

Free Taster Rehearsal - Poster
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions