London SE1 community website

Sick of all the push bikers jumping lights on Borough High St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 45 of 45
Monday 13 April 2015 11.00am
I don't visit SE1 Forum much these days, it seems a bit same old, same old to me, but I checked in today and saw Spindrift's contribution.

To describe Spindrift's assertion that I am a repulsive creature as "pushing the envelope" is possibly the understatement of the century.
My anger dissipated as I tried to quote and reply to his/her post, and in editing the original post I somehow screwed it up, as my previous post will testify.
I posted my, "where's a cement truck when you need one" message, VERY much tongue in cheek, I think that most intelligent readers would have recognised that.
Apparently Spindrift doesn't fall into that category.
Tuesday 14 April 2015 2.07pm
Tom,
Beware of irony on a public forum..... it rarely comes over appropriately.
Tuesday 14 April 2015 2.59pm
Can not believe this thread is now 45 pages long.

Cycling is just a mode of transport.

London is overcrowded.

I regularly have to walk single file with my husband around here or be knocked over and into by selfish thankless people approaching us on the pavement.

I don't see a 45 page thread dedicated to slagging these people off. Sick of that too.

This is so boring now. Will it ever end??
Tuesday 14 April 2015 3.03pm
and Tom - I expect more from you than that!
Tuesday 14 April 2015 10.27pm
Brendan D wrote:
Tom,
Beware of irony on a public forum..... it rarely comes over appropriately.

Thanks Brendan, sincerely, I get it now, but where were you when I made the cement truck post?
You know I'm impulsive, and shoot from the lip, you could have PMd me and said, "Easy Tom, think before you type"
Tuesday 14 April 2015 10.31pm
Julia7239 wrote:
and Tom - I expect more from you than that!

And again, Julia, I'm agonising over whether you're winding me up, tongue firmly in cheek, or chiding me for my non P.C. post about cement trucks.
Current: 45 of 45

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions