London SE1 community website

Annoying plane

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Monday 28 May 2012 10.41pm
Very annoying silly aeroplane. On the 15th time round I caught sight of its registration number: G-AZOL.

http://www.aaib.gov.uk/publications/bulletins/may_2010/piper_pa_34_200_seneca__g_azol.cfm
Monday 28 May 2012 11.27pm
I have come across this website.

Civil Aviation Authority. link http://www.caa.co.uk

Go to the Noise & Environmental Complaints, there you can forward a complaint form to them ref to the annoying plane this evening.

Hope this helps.

All the best Steve
Monday 28 May 2012 11.59pm
Tuesday 29 May 2012 7.29am
It is extremely disappointing that this sort of thing isn't announced and pre-cleared with residents. Consultation periods are needed in the future.

... we are not savages.
Tuesday 29 May 2012 8.13am
If it was linked to the protest at the Globe I'm not sure how they would go about clearing that with residents. I guess this is the kind of incident were a micro surveillance drone would find a use, though I'm no fan of adding to the already dubious epithet of 'most watched country in europe.'
Tuesday 29 May 2012 9.04am
Whilst it could be something to do with the Israelis and surveillance, it is perhaps more likely a pleasure flight over the sights of London...

http://www.myaviation.net/search/search.php?view=&regnr=G-AZOL
Tuesday 29 May 2012 10.56am
It's owned by Stapleford Flying Club, Romford. Send them an e-mail.
Tuesday 29 May 2012 11.36am
Seriously...

Lean in close cause I have a little secret for you.
You live in the centre of one of the busiest cities in the world, theres going to be noise, be it from planes, trains, automobiles or drunk students vomiting loudly on your doorstep.

You could write a stern letter to... someone, demanding a one mile no-fly zone be set up around your flat, so that you dont have to turn the tv up to hear what Mr Jeremy Kyle is saying to that sixteen year old mother of three. I have a feeling they would join me and Mr polar bear up there in a group facepalm though.

You could, if you demand complete silence, move to a polar region. I have a feeling though that you would be whipping the laptop out to post on the local "GLACIER DWELLER" website that one of Mr facepalm bear's relatives is growling too loudly.

Or, you could just accept that having the privalege of living in such a bustling city, means that there will be the odd noise that disturbs your listening to the shipping forecast now and then, and you should think yourself lucky to have a window to close to ease the dreadfull din that prop is making. As you could instead be living in a doorway of the latest store to become victim to the recession, and be woken by the sound of a rat knawing at your earlobe rather than this helicopter or that airplane.

Apologies to anyone who's arsecheeks aren't at this moment compressing a lump of coal into a diamond, but every time I see one of these "noisy helicopter/plane" threads it makes me... Well it makes me facepalm!

/rant
Tuesday 29 May 2012 12.15pm
I don't disagree with your sentiment Rob, but there was something especially grating about the nature of the drone, given as it was on repeat for an hour. I wouldn't actually have normally taken issue as that particular sound takes me back to summer's spent lounging in fields n the country and picking buttercups, but whereas that was fleeting this was incessant. Alas, with wide open windows I agree we'll have to get used to it over the next couple of months.
Tuesday 29 May 2012 1.05pm
Having attended the performance at the Globe last night, the repetitive droning noise from the plane was particularly annoying - much more so than the occasional jet or passing helicopter. On leaving the theatre I overheard a conversation between a couple (who were speculating that it was some form of protest by supporters of Palestine) and one of the many police officers present. He told them it had been investigated and it turned out to be 'looking at traffic(?) around the Shard area on behalf of the Ordnance Survey'.

If that was the case you'd think they would be aware (if only by looking on one of their many passes) that there was a leading open air arts venue below and that they could be disrupting a performance.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions