London SE1 community website

Annoying plane

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Thursday 31 May 2012 10.13pm
I emailed the Flying club to complain - here's the reply and contact emaill:

(by the way, just because we live in the centre of a big city, does not mean we need to be subjected to a non-essential intrusive disturbance late at night for an extended period without any prior notice)

Message follows:

'This was a one off photographic assignment and I very much doubt we will do it again because of the disturbance it caused to local residents.   It was done at this time of night because they needed to photograph the lights on the Thames.'

'Yes, I can confirm that the aircraft was from Stapleford Airfield.  It was on a photographic assignment and had clearance from London Air Traffic.  I am sorry if it caused a nuisance to local residents and I have spoken to both the photographer and the pilot to make them aware.'

Best Regards

Stapleford Flight Centre
Stapleford Airfield
Essex RM4 1SJ

[email protected]
Zoe
Thursday 31 May 2012 10.38pm
How bizarre that some posters are defending the right of a company to disturb people, when the company themselves admit they were being inconsiderate.

Probably, if people had known it was going to happen they would have been more understanding. A one off photo shoot is a lot more acceptable than regular pleasure flights, but a bit of prior thought would probably have suggested not to do it while a play was being staged. It sort of demonstrates that the organisers didn't think about the impact at all.
Thursday 31 May 2012 11.33pm
spartacus wrote:
105pear wrote:
Hear hear, I too am fed up with the whinging about noise this is one of the busiest cities in the world it is not a small village in the country.
To the person who feels that the globe audience were disturbed more than the residents, how selfish and childish was that comment (my dads bigger than your dad). And shouts what is going on here, me me me me me me only I'm important, no one else has any rights.
Get a life please and stop making the forum so boring, or just move back to whatever sleepy hamlet you came from. Or maybe I should move to a sleepy hamlet, I would miss the noise so maybe they'd all make lots just so I feel at home, being as you feel our city should change, would you feel the same in reverse.

Patronising rambling from 'robdee', and a comical rebuke from '105pear'. Amazing what assumptions some people make about others lives. Take it you're not a theatre goer then, 105pear? ;)

btw, on another (presumably non-boring) thread did you tell your friends affected by their noisy neighbours to 'get a life' as well - or just helpfully suggest they move to a sleepy hamlet?
Yes amazing what assumption some people make about others lives. How wrong can you be, I do do theatre and I have a daughter who creates costumes for theatres including the Globe for a very recent production, but just because I go to a theatre I do not expect the rest of the world to stop stay silent and then of course bow.
Friday 1 June 2012 9.51am
105pear wrote:
I do do theatre and I have a daughter who creates costumes for theatres including the Globe for a very recent production.

It was question (poorly phrased, I guess) but thanks for letting us know.

105pear wrote:
Yes amazing what assumption some people make about others lives...but just because I go to a theatre I do not expect the rest of the world to stop stay silent and then of course bow.

Ah, there you go again, amazing..

Take a bow those actors, for not being thrown off course by the airborne racket the other night. As for the mobile phone that rang, despite earlier requests to switch them off, well, that's another story. There's always one..
Friday 1 June 2012 10.07am
I think we need to move on from this. There really is no need to go one about it. We've all had a good moan let's get back to muttering about the weather.
Friday 1 June 2012 10.28am
Tolstoy wrote:
I think we need to move on from this. There really is no need to go one about it. We've all had a good moan let's get back to muttering about the weather.

Agreed. Over and out.
Friday 1 June 2012 3.59pm
This is mildly off topic Spartacus, but "over" means you want a reply, and "out" means you don't want a reply. No pilot ever says "over and out" except in badly scripted war films! :)
Friday 1 June 2012 4.20pm
eddglynn wrote:
This is mildly off topic Spartacus, but "over" means you want a reply, and "out" means you don't want a reply. No pilot ever says "over and out" except in badly scripted war films! :)

Aargh!
Biggles, fetch...THE CUSHIONS!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions