London SE1 community website

Crowds at London Bridge Station

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 3 June 2012 7.35pm
london bridge could not handle the crowds 2day 4 the boats on the thames god help us when the olympics start
Sunday 3 June 2012 8.30pm
would be interested to know the stats for today, as I possible feel todays crowds would eclipse Olympic traffic.Anyway they've got time to get it right.
Sunday 3 June 2012 10.57pm
I'm not confident the transport will cope during Olympics, especially around London Bridge.

Was glad I was watching the Jubilee celebrations from the comfort of my sofa and not cold and wet by the side of the Thames.
Monday 4 June 2012 5.16am
Excited about Olympics!
Monday 4 June 2012 9.36am
I was cold-ish and wet-ish beside the Tower and wouldnt have missed it for the world!
Monday 4 June 2012 1.49pm
Any one who has tried to phone 0843 222 1234, the travel information line will have difficulty in getting a simple answer to a simple question, at the end of the call I felt like throwing the flipping phone at the wall, heaven help any tourist...or was it just me I wonder especially as the recording kept telling me to go on line and check!
Monday 4 June 2012 6.14pm
great pics on bbc london news from @SE1! some dopey tfl guy blamed the travel chaos on the weather. the olympics will be a shambles- the boroughboys are off to france!
Monday 4 June 2012 8.07pm
Lucky you...I'm here with the grandchildren..no chance to run away.
Monday 4 June 2012 8.26pm
We should know by now... it's always the weather!
Monday 4 June 2012 11.38pm
Station was filthy today -- also seemed like leaks were everywhere! Not a very good impression for visitors!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions