London SE1 community website

Mugging on Tooley Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 11 of 15
STT
Tuesday 17 July 2012 4.46pm
Yeah, they were definitely scoping about, seeing who would be an easy victim. Makes me really angry! For now, I am warning everyone I can about having their phone out and keeping an eye out for them so I can call the police if I see them again. They look very dodgy, you'd be in no doubt, if you saw them, that they were up to something. Unfortunately for some, they are not as aware of their surroundings as others hence why I'm telling everyone who will listen!
Tuesday 17 July 2012 5.26pm
Lionel posted a thread over the weekend detailing his conversation with the Chaucer Safer Neighbourhood Team.

Although, given that they're still at large I'm not entirely sure if there has been an uplift in policing.
Tuesday 17 July 2012 5.43pm
The Riverside Safer Neighbourhoods team are holding a drop-in surgery tomorrow at 7 Copper Row, Tower Bridge Piazza between 16.00 and 18.00hrs. I've had a number of close shaves over the last few months, including two with my four-year-old son - despite not using my mobile phone or MP3 player in public.
Tuesday 17 July 2012 6.05pm
I posted the info below on the thread re suspicious goings on around City Walk back in June-it sounds like it might be the same two? one was white and the other black

last night two young guys walked into the flats next to Blue Lion Place (the yellow brick building on the other side of Blue Lion Place from the Simon the Tanner), i was waiting for someone and decided to see what they were up to-they disappeared from view then reappeared and walked to the back of the building-i made it very obvious i was watching and put my phone to my ear as if calling someone-they very quickly walked up and shouted at me they were looking for some where to take a leak. They then crossed the road and walked through the car park of Archdale House giving me dirty looks all the time. Don't know if it was the same two guys
Wednesday 18 July 2012 9.55am
London Aye wrote:
The Riverside Safer Neighbourhoods team are holding a drop-in surgery tomorrow at 7 Copper Row, Tower Bridge Piazza between 16.00 and 18.00hrs. I've had a number of close shaves over the last few months, including two with my four-year-old son - despite not using my mobile phone or MP3 player in public.
Sounds like they might do well to get out of the surgery and onto Long Lane. Spend some time catching the criminals, rather than having tea and biscuits with the law-abiding.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 18 July 2012 10.11am
London Aye wrote:

Would it be worth someone directing them to this forum? Perhaps they can then see the extent of the problem. I'd love to be able to attend, but I'm at work during those hours.
Wednesday 18 July 2012 11.09am
London Aye wrote:
You need to teach your 4-year-old son some discipline!
Wednesday 18 July 2012 11.09am
I wonder if an undercover police officer could use a 'plant' phone with a GPS? Try to get mugged and then follow the phone?
Wednesday 18 July 2012 11.25am
james127 wrote:
I wonder if an undercover police officer could use a 'plant' phone with a GPS? Try to get mugged and then follow the phone?

Hopefully an undercover policeman could apprehend 2 kids during the attempted mugging and deal with them straight away
Wednesday 18 July 2012 11.31am
james127 wrote:

I thought the same. Would make perfect sense to set these little rouges up.

Makes you wonder if their parents are reading this?
Current: 11 of 15

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions