London SE1 community website

Mugging on Tooley Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 8 of 15
Tuesday 10 July 2012 9.35pm
I wasn't too sure this would be classed as an emergency situation, but fair enough if I'm wrong.
Tuesday 10 July 2012 9.46pm
Tolstoy wrote:
I wasn't too sure this would be classed as an emergency situation, but fair enough if I'm wrong.
How DARE you give the wrong information ;-)
Tuesday 10 July 2012 9.50pm
You have lost a chance to skip a post EW.. I think these are serious things and one of the reasons why these thugs are always around is that people don't call the police when they should.
Anyway the information is on line on the police website. They explain everything
Tuesday 10 July 2012 9.55pm
orione wrote:
You have lost a chance to skip a post EW.. I think these are serious things and one of the reasons why these thugs are always around is that people don't call the police when they should.
Anyway the information is on line on the police website. They explain everything
Well, I'm sure the community is extremely grateful to you for lecturing us on every possible issue in your inimitable socially skillfull way.
Tuesday 10 July 2012 11.08pm
orione wrote:
999 emergencies. If you see them in the act of
Doing doing something illegal like forcing windows or cars is 999.
101 if something has happened or happens with regularity like drug dealing.
Let's give the right information please

It's not going to matter what number you call, no one will come for that.
I called 999 last year when I saw an easily identifiable guy repeatedly trying to break into a car on my street but no one came.

The police did come out when I reported someone apparently being attacked which is far more important in the scheme of things but I too am fed up with the kids on bikes doing what they will. Short of going after them with a baseball bat and running away before you are identified I don't know what's to be done about it though. (not suggesting this is a reasonable course of action)
Tuesday 10 July 2012 11.17pm
It doesn't surprise me to see this topic back at the top of the forum - I was walking home from Bermondsey St direction tonight, along Long Lane, as I came up Weston St and passed Leathermarket St I saw two lads matching the descriptions from earlier on, on bikes, hoods up, one white one black, cycling around going close to people on the pavement, having a good look at them and moving on. They did a loop around GS park, went back down through the estate following someone on foot.

I told my brother, who was heading back to the station, to leave his phone in his pocket as it was clear what they were up to, especially having read this discussion.

It was so blatant, and I'm sure these will be the same lads who others have seen, or been victim to. I don't know what, if anything, it would take for the police to do something proactive about something like this.
Tuesday 10 July 2012 11.40pm
With all these sightings of these lads maybe someone should take a few photos on their phones.
Tuesday 10 July 2012 11.52pm
What about the SNT?
Tuesday 10 July 2012 11.57pm
I tried to get them once but they never answered their phone.
Wednesday 11 July 2012 7.33am
EW your post is hilarious
Anyway if the 999 think it is not important enough.. is in disagreement with their duty and mission as they say on their website.
I have to say that contrary to Davies, when it happened to me that I called 999for similar reason they came with no discussion.

Taking picture of those guys with the iPhone is surely a good idea unless they see you and they don't like that..
Current: 8 of 15

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions