London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Farmers' Market

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Saturday 15 September 2012 9.45am
Will he be doing loaves too? I heard he used to do loaves a while back.
Saturday 15 September 2012 10.14am
Lol Perhaps I should try JC when looking for new staff...always used the Job Centre in the past!
Friday 5 October 2012 11.21pm
Come to Bermondsey Square from 10-2 every saturday.
Sunday 7 October 2012 8.04pm
Went down to the market yesterday - got a lovely olive bread and some eggs and a very nice bottle of fresh apple juice. Sat outside Woolfson and Tay, watching the world go by. A lovely way to spend a couple of hours!
Saturday 20 October 2012 9.51am
Does anybody know if they still sell rabbit meat there? And if so, is it prepared and ready to use?
Saturday 20 October 2012 11.20am
In case you can't get it at the market, Rabh, Greensmiths on Lower Marsh had rabbit when I was in there the other weekend.
Saturday 20 October 2012 12.11pm
Rambling Phil wrote:
In case you can't get it at the market, Rabh, Greensmiths on Lower Marsh had rabbit when I was in there the other weekend.

Brilliant, thanks Phil. Any idea roughly how much it costs?
Friday 16 November 2012 1.28am
Rabh wrote:
Does anybody know if they still sell rabbit meat there? And if so, is it prepared and ready to use?

Hi Rabh, galileoorganicfarm had rabbit last week :-)
Friday 16 November 2012 9.41am
I was told by an old lady that in the war they always bought rabbit with the head on - to make sure it wasn't cat!
Friday 16 November 2012 10.15am
In France we say the only way to differentiate the cat from the rabbit is to look at the ribs. One's got them flat and the other rounded...It's my favourite meat but the rabbits I find in London are always the wild ones (gamey meat). I am looking for farmed ones (white meat). So if anyone has a provider's address that would be fab.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions