London SE1 community website

Volunteer opportunities or part time work.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 18 June 2012 11.48pm
Hi, I'm new to the area, I'm french and I really want to improve my spoken english. I am looking to volunteer locally or try and find some part time work. Does anyone know of any places I can go to volunteer or have any vacancies in bar work or waitressing? Really appreciate any help.
Claudie
Tuesday 19 June 2012 10.31am
Bonjour, Claudie :-) You might like to try Bermondsey Square, where there is an Hotel, with a restaurant [Gregg's Table]. Also a cinema/bar - Shortwave - and DelaZiz, a Moroccan restaurant. They all have people from all over the world; a regular United Nations :p

Bermondsey Square is between Tower Bridge Road, Abbey Street and Bermondsey Street.

Bon chance!
Tuesday 19 June 2012 3.40pm
or the French Restaurant - Lobster Pot
Tuesday 19 June 2012 3.53pm
Check this website Greater London Volunteering

Everything you need on there, I think. They are in Webber St.
Monday 25 June 2012 8.43am
Hi Claudie - there are lots of volunteer opportunities in the Southwark area, go to Just Do It website to link in to your area; can also try specific charity websites like Medecinema, Crisis, WSPA, Time & Talents. If you are interested in the arts -you could try places like the National Theatre which sometimes use volunteers. Really depends on your interests and where you are.

Have a lovely time in Southwark - it is a fantastic place to live.
Monday 25 June 2012 9.34am
McDonald is hiring if you fancy working part-time
Monday 25 June 2012 4.57pm
Hi again Claudie - sorry not Just do It (that's a protest organisation) should have been www.do-it.org.uk. There is also Southwark Volunteers.
Monday 25 June 2012 4.59pm
Hi again Claudie - sorry not Just Do It (that's a protest organisation) should have been do-it.org.uk. There is also Southwark Volunteers.
Friday 29 June 2012 2.51pm
Claudie
I am on Borough High St and I will swap you one of of spoken English for one hour of French conversation.
You can private message me. Sue

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions