London SE1 community website

Pavements

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Monday 16 July 2012 6.13am
london dungeon?
but then they probably pay the fee.
that their customers constantly block the pavement and the tooley street entrances to rail/tubes probably doesn't count ...
Monday 16 July 2012 9.24am
While we are at it could someone please find a way to tell people that pavements are for walking, not stopping and using mobiles for a conversation that could have been had anywhere, not for walking four wide at snail's pace, not for reading their kindles, not for stopping in a large group for a chat, not for taking pictures of the shard etc. etc. There are times in Borough High St when I could cheerfully commit murder.
Monday 16 July 2012 12.52pm
Sue-Borough wrote:
While we are at it could someone please find a way to tell people that pavements are for walking, not stopping and using mobiles for a conversation that could have been had anywhere, not for walking four wide at snail's pace, not for reading their kindles, not for stopping in a large group for a chat, not for taking pictures of the shard etc. etc. There are times in Borough High St when I could cheerfully commit murder.

ooo, I love a good rant, so while I have time on my hands how about adding:

not for people walking along with umbrellas held low as possible not looking where they are going so they whack others on the head, not for stepping straight onto out of office door ways right in front of people walking along, not for waiting at a bus stop in a 'queue' across the pavement, not for (puts on tin hat) cycling on......or locking your bike up where it makes an already narrow bit of pavement more narrow.

And breathe ;)
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions