London SE1 community website

A quick question

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5
Wednesday 18 July 2012 3.56pm
Blimey to you, sparty: are you undergoing a general SOH failure today? Whether comedy or parody it seems to sail past. See also your response to my glass-half-full joke... weak and flat though it may have been!
Wednesday 18 July 2012 6.20pm
Saint eh? Of all the things that I've been called this has to be the first time that one has been bandied about.
If I've been 'snarky" , (must google that word) and snarky is viewed as bad then I'll blame the job for occasionally driving me nuts.
There are a few posters on here whose views I disagree with, but I don't think that I've ever knowingly put anyone down, sincere apologies if I did.
Sorry if I've come across as disagreeable sometimes, I'm a nice guy really, ask my granddaughter Francesca, she thinks I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread, AND Justin Bieber.
I love you all, now let's be friends and play nice, O.K.?
Wednesday 18 July 2012 6.51pm
Tom Pepper wrote:
bitching Brits free,First one to suggest watching the Olympics will be evicted.
Such a charming expression of solidarity with all of those of us not of the same opinion(s), and those who may, despite all their misgivings or doubts , end up watching and maybe ENJOYING the 'lympics. Or, maybe not - no one's opinion is wrong.
Wednesday 18 July 2012 6.58pm
Boroman wrote:
Blimey to you, sparty: are you undergoing a general SOH failure today? Whether comedy or parody it seems to sail past. See also your response to my glass-half-full joke... weak and flat though it may have been!

Disingenuous of you 'Boro'. Comedy or parody - where is that so obviously expressed?

Suggest if you make a 'joke' about something, you should maybe flag it more obviously for the benefit of myself, so I don't bother to waste time and energy responding.
Wednesday 18 July 2012 9.08pm
spartacus wrote:
Suggest if you make a 'joke' about something, you should maybe flag it more obviously

Wot, like putting a wonky smiley on the end of it for instance?

Which I think you'll find that I did!

;-\
Wednesday 18 July 2012 9.10pm
(A winky wonky smiley even...)
Wednesday 18 July 2012 9.15pm
I don't know, but I thought it was quite funny how Boroman took my original "witty" comment and gave it a twist. Made me smile in a winky wonky way anyway.
Wednesday 18 July 2012 9.39pm
Boroman wrote:
spartacus wrote:
Suggest if you make a 'joke' about something, you should maybe flag it more obviously

Wot, like putting a wonky smiley on the end of it for instance?

Which I think you'll find that I did!

;-\

Ta dah!
Feel better?

Somebody start moaning and bring this back on topic, please.
Wednesday 18 July 2012 10.20pm
I don't know, but I thought it was quite funny how Boroman took my original "witty" comment and gave it a twist. Made me smile in a winky wonky way anyway.
Wednesday 18 July 2012 10.25pm
I googled snarky and I didn't like most of the definitions, too close for comfort.
I'm emphatically cynical, I know that, but the Olympics bore me rigid, bite me.
I preferred the definitions below, made me sound a whole lot better than I really am.
A complimentary term, a combination of sarcasm and cynicism, I can live with that.

"Snarky means critical in an annoying, sarcastic, grumpy,
wisecracking, or cynical sort of way. ... The adjective snarky is
first recorded in 1906. It is from dialectal British snark, meaning
'to nag, find fault with', which is probably the same word as snark,
snork, meaning 'to snort, snore'. Most
dictionaries label snarky as "Chiefly British Slang."

Los Angeles Magazine:

"Snarky (adjective) describes a witty mannerism, personality, or
behavior that is a combination of sarcasm and cynicism. Usually
accepted as a complimentary term. Snark is sometimes mistaken for a
snotty or arrogant attitude.

His snarky remarks had half the room on the floor laughing and the
other half ready to walk out."

That sounds more like me, I like to think.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions