London SE1 community website

A quick question

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5
Wednesday 18 July 2012 11.23pm
spartacus wrote:
Feel better?

Why, feel worse?

spartacus wrote:
Somebody start moaning.

No thanks. But do carry on.
Thursday 19 July 2012 8.18am
Sometimes this forum can seem to be a long list of moans and groans but his thread could have been used to highlight all that is great about the forum and SE1 after all there are many things that are. But you guys have decided to highlight what is probably the worst thing,the petty squabbling and point scoring. Well done!
Thursday 19 July 2012 1.20pm
I think moaning and being snarky is underrated. I leave eager positivity and verbal high-five-ing to the children.
Thursday 19 July 2012 1.39pm
there is no freedom of expression on this site so we are left with no other real alternative but to moan and whinge :-). Protectionism of the mighty - reminds me of something akin to the google censorship in China - you can express your thoughts up to a point. Yes I do love this forum but I am slightly disappointed by the certain threads being closed. On a more positive note, the Olympics is just around the corner!
Thursday 19 July 2012 8.20pm
I find I can fully express my opinions on SE1. Whenever a thread is closed (and I have contributed to a fair bit of those) I don't have a problem with it. This is a community website. Sometimes topics threaten to sink to a level that is not in the interest of the community. If SE1 sunk to the kind of comments you get e.g. on the BBC's HYS these days, I'd see that as a heavy loss. It's a brilliant website that has been part of my day to day life for a very long time and all credit to JH for that.
Thursday 19 July 2012 8.56pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
I find I can fully express my opinions on SE1. Whenever a thread is closed (and I have contributed to a fair bit of those) I don't have a problem with it. This is a community website. Sometimes topics threaten to sink to a level that is not in the interest of the community. If SE1 sunk to the kind of comments you get e.g. on the BBC's HYS these days, I'd see that as a heavy loss. It's a brilliant website that has been part of my day to day life for a very long time and all credit to JH for that.
Spot on! Long may the vigilant moderator last, there are so many other local, quite frankly, crap community websites that are left to run by themselves. Personally, Iím always glad to see on SE1 that a topic gets pulled or posters cautioned if itís not in the spirit or interests of the community.
Zoe
Friday 20 July 2012 6.52am
Well said Edward
Monday 23 July 2012 3.08pm
OK
I wasn't trolling.

I love London and in particular SE1 where I was born many years ago. My family were moved out when I was a kid. I returned to live with my Nan and remember when Bermondsey wasn't all about restaurants, luxury flats etc, I moved away again due to work in the 80's.

I returned 6 years ago and live in a property my granddad worked in and the amount of change is incredible and good to see. But the dismissal of locals and the fear on everything in Bermondsey outside of the Long Lane, Bermondsey St Borough triangle is annoying.

Sorry for moaning about moaning!
Monday 23 July 2012 3.31pm
TimC,

Did you see the recent programme on Reverdy Rd?

Your comment - 'But the dismissal of locals and the fear on everything in Bermondsey outside of the Long Lane, Bermondsey St Borough triangle is annoying.' - is interesting.

I think, as with lots of areas of London, there are people who don't integrate and people that do. I live just off Southwark Park Road. Yes - I work in the City and have only been here for 7 years - but I am involved with a local school and make sure that I speak to all neighbours, etc. One of the reasons I moved here was because of the sense of community and long may that remain. I also enjoy the diversity; it's really boring living in an area where everybody does the same thing. Frankly, I'm quite happy that not everybody has discovered the hidden gems and that they won't venture down Grange Road :)
Monday 23 July 2012 4.10pm
TimC wrote:

the dismissal of locals and the fear on everything in Bermondsey outside of the Long Lane, Bermondsey St Borough triangle is annoying.

Genuine enquiry, as they say: Would appreciate (for the hard of understanding, i.e, me) what that rather sweeping comment means, and where your evidence has come from?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions