London SE1 community website

Super fast BT infinity broadband - Southwark exchange

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Thursday 2 August 2012 9.56pm
Thanks James B, I've actually done a postcode check and realised that all the buildings around ours are cabled so will investigate further!
Thursday 2 August 2012 10.10pm
Cpauls,

I live in bartholomew street just off great dover street and have had cable for years, even though i am not particularly aufait with speeds, my pc is very quick.?
Friday 3 August 2012 9.51pm
Virgin Media cable broadband really is the best. On the broadbandspeedchecker website, I can't see that anyone has faster broadband speeds. However, their customer service is non-existent and when we were without service for nine days, they were useless. But when it works...
Saturday 22 June 2013 9.13am
Hi, just an update as this thread hasn't been active for a while. The Southwark Exchanges are due to go live September so anyone who has BT Internet or one of its Fibre agents (talktalk/Sky) you should be able to upgrade to fibre before end of year.
Sunday 23 June 2013 3.22pm
No idea why it's taken so long, but Sam Knows, which is usually a very reliable source says the exchange will offer fibre from 30/09/13.

You can check on the address below

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions