London SE1 community website

Critical Mass

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Saturday 28 July 2012 9.25am
i am clearly missing something here and please do not shout but...who or what is/are critical mass?
Saturday 28 July 2012 9.26am
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
They are asked not to cross, are warned that Section 12 is in place, repeteadly insist on crossing anyway and are surprised that the police enforce the section?...

I don't think anyone was surprised by the enforcement of the Section 12. It was made pretty clear at the start with Police Liaison officers handing out print-outs and telling people they would be arrested if they crossed the river. But then about 400 cyclists tried to cross anyhow, some getting over at Southwark Bridge, some at London Bridge and then some through Rotherhithe tunnel! So people seemed pretty determined to go North.

It was common knowledge before that the Ride would try to go to the Olympic lanes and ride in them to make a point. You would have to ask each rider who wanted to go North what the point was for them that made them so keen to face off with The Met.
Saturday 28 July 2012 9.57am
To be honest, I have more sympathy for the black-cab drivers who are not allowed to use the Olympic lanes. Especially as the drivers of those VIP cars seem to think parking on zebra crossings is perfectly OK. It's anarchy on the streets of London I tells ya, anarchy! Oh well.
Saturday 28 July 2012 9.59am
boroughpaul wrote:
i am clearly missing something here and please do not shout but...who or what is/are critical mass?
Critical Mass London
Saturday 28 July 2012 1.58pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
To be honest, I have more sympathy for the black-cab drivers who are not allowed to use the Olympic lanes. Especially as the drivers of those VIP cars seem to think parking on zebra crossings is perfectly OK. It's anarchy on the streets of London I tells ya, anarchy! Oh well.

Olympic Anarchy! The mind boggles...%-)
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions