London SE1 community website

Runners in Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 2 of 8
Thursday 2 August 2012 10.31am
People in London need to just take a step back and, as EW says, try to be a little more thoughtful and considerate. Being nice to each other isn't that hard is it?

The post about fat people was a joke and the post also had a go at lots of other people too.

|Free calls to USA & Canada | http://www.zipcall.com |
Thursday 2 August 2012 10.46am
urbanite wrote:
Julia7239 wrote:
what about fat people? they clog up bermondsey street: with their big FAT arses. or dog walkers. annoying leads and tiny yappers. How about people with prams? BREEDING?!!! HOW VERY DARE THEY! SELFISH SELFISH swines. People eh? its enough to make you not live in zone 1 in one of the most populated places on earth. And dont get me started on CYCLISTS.

Wow.....I guess the idea of doing things when they affect other people with the least amount of inconvenience is a concept we can't agree on then...if I get your drift

Julia7239 - funniest thing I've read on here!

Urbanite - fancy drawing up a timetable for when the relevant groups can indulge in their different activities without having to cross paths?
Thursday 2 August 2012 10.55am
Perhaps fat people should only be allowed to move under cover of darkness so we don't have to see them?

Thursday 2 August 2012 12.17pm
Guy's street wrote:
urbanite wrote:
Julia7239 wrote:
what about fat people? they clog up bermondsey street: with their big FAT arses. or dog walkers. annoying leads and tiny yappers. How about people with prams? BREEDING?!!! HOW VERY DARE THEY! SELFISH SELFISH swines. People eh? its enough to make you not live in zone 1 in one of the most populated places on earth. And dont get me started on CYCLISTS.

Wow.....I guess the idea of doing things when they affect other people with the least amount of inconvenience is a concept we can't agree on then...if I get your drift

Julia7239 - funniest thing I've read on here!

Urbanite - fancy drawing up a timetable for when the relevant groups can indulge in their different activities without having to cross paths?

Easy: the selfish, inconsiderate people early mornings before anyone else and/or late at night after everybody else. The rest of the time: everybody else. Let them fight it out amongst themselves without bothering others.
Thursday 2 August 2012 12.49pm
I've seen this running group also, and it seems to be getting bigger; they nearly knocked me over a few weeks ago. Running is a very healthy activity, and it's great that people are meeting up to do it together, but I think they should plan the routes and times a bit better so it's not 30 people chasing down Bermondsey street at 6.30pm
Thursday 2 August 2012 1.59pm
I always tend to drop off the pavement and into the road when I am running and there are pedestrians ahead; it's common courtesy I would I have thought.

Thursday 2 August 2012 2.14pm
se1chap wrote:
I always tend to drop off the pavement and into the road when I am running and there are pedestrians ahead; it's common courtesy I would I have thought.

Me too, for almost the sole reason that as they probably don't know I'm coming as I approach from behind, I can't predict when they are going to suddenly stop or change direction in front of me.

Slightly unrelated, but a good quote from Sir Bradley of Kilburn today:

"But at the end of the day we've all got to co-exist on the roads. Cyclists are not ever going to go away, as much as drivers moan, and as much as cyclists maybe moan about certain drivers they are never going to go away, so there's got to be a bit of give and take."
Thursday 2 August 2012 5.06pm
i think the runners are a regular group as often see them outside shortwave where they seem to finish and congregate
Thursday 2 August 2012 5.30pm
They have been meeting at Shortwave every Tuesday, for over 2 years: The Bermondsey Running Club. Many of them stay beyond their return time, around 8pm, for a few pints and cigarettes.

Go figure :p
Thursday 2 August 2012 10.09pm
yes we got the bug!!

Basically 50 plus random people all got the bug and said "lets go to bermondsey tonight and run"

People who moan at this are clearly not regulars in that area as it happens every tuesday and they also have to much time on their hands to moan about it

We are a running club made up of London City workers and run this route every tuesday

my suggestion is if you dont like it TOUGH we do something we enjoy and we do not obstruct anyone

so to all you moaners = GET A LIFE
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 2 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions