London SE1 community website

Runners in Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 3 of 8
Thursday 2 August 2012 10.24pm
No need to shout, Kevin. Keep on running. The lycra keeps us all on our toes! :p
Thursday 2 August 2012 10.42pm
I find Kevin 32 vomitmaking. I have worked in the City since 1967. When I went to the City such attitudes would have been unthinkable, " GET OUT OF MY WAY" you shi~tes"
I do agree with other posters that the runners are, arguably, worse than the cyclists. The best know how to run on the spot until a gap appears. And if I see them I will try to make way.

But Kevin and his pals will barge through and knock people flying. Luckily I played rugby and have a few tricks up my sleeve. ( and don't mess with the SAS)
But for women, pregant mothers, OAPS, what are they meant to do. Vaporise?
Kevin, go and find empty fields and leave us alone
Thursday 2 August 2012 11.48pm
why would you jog in inner city london, opening up your body to deep gulps of really polluted air...
Friday 3 August 2012 12.28am
Well, seems like my response to Julia7239's post was spot on: "...but ironically that's probably exactly what a lot of those runners think."
Friday 3 August 2012 12.31am
theedy wrote:

But Kevin and his pals will barge through and knock people flying. Luckily I played rugby and have a few tricks up my sleeve. ( and don't mess with the SAS)
But for women, pregant mothers, OAPS, what are they meant to do. Vaporise?
Kevin, go and find empty fields and leave us alone

Spot on theedy, the lot of them need to learn some manners. You do not just crash your way up the street shoving people out of the way. There's room to pass or there isn't. My very petite wife has almost been knocked out of her shoes twice when we've been heading out to the gym. It will not happen again. And Kevin, that can't possibly be a moan because I live here.
Friday 3 August 2012 7.59am
We do not push or barge people out of the way
Friday 3 August 2012 8.31am
We do not push or barge people out of the way

Perhaps not, but you have to accept that 50+ people out jogging is going to be intimidating to a lot of people, I'd suggest breaking up into smaller groups and staggering start times.
Friday 3 August 2012 9.17am
kevin32 wrote:
my suggestion is if you dont like it TOUGH we do something we enjoy and we do not obstruct anyone
so to all you moaners = GET A LIFE
People have lives. That's why they try and protect it from the likes of you.
Friday 3 August 2012 11.20am
The likes of us lol
yeh cos runners are real scumbags right. See you all on tuesday night and thank you for the advertising
Friday 3 August 2012 11.27am
Well it seems so....scumbags...right
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 3 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions