London SE1 community website

Runners in Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 4 of 8
Friday 3 August 2012 12.05pm
You're not doing yourself any favours, Kevin. Diplomacy and tact would be the preferred response.
Friday 3 August 2012 12.26pm
Wow! I thought running was supposed to make you calm...I used to run, cycle, swim and a lot of other healthy things, till I became disabled, now I might be one of those 'fat' arses you talked about Julia - yes it can happen to any of us.
Just a thought to Kevin - would it not be easier for you and your group (and the other people trying to get about in Bermondsey Street), if you chose one of the wider streets to run along like Maltby Street;could still end up at Shortwave- rather than a busy narrowish street like Bermondsey Street?
Friday 3 August 2012 12.33pm
kevin32 wrote:
The likes of us lol
yeh cos runners are real scumbags right. See you all on tuesday night and thank you for the advertising
Don't know about the rest, but you are self-assessment seems quite accurate.
Friday 3 August 2012 1.24pm
kevin32 wrote:
The likes of us lol
yeh cos runners are real scumbags right. See you all on tuesday night and thank you for the advertising

Advertising? For people to come and join a group which evidently tolerates people who are choleric shouters with fragile egos? Wow, there will be 200 of you next week!
Friday 3 August 2012 1.35pm
kevin32 wrote:
The likes of us lol

////
Don't know about the rest, but your self-assessment seems quite accurate.
Friday 3 August 2012 4.08pm
This thread saddens me enormously. I must say that Kevin does not represent many many runners in the area.

I've run up and down Bermondsey street several times a week for several years, incident free. Sometimes when you run through crowds there is the odd collision and I have to say my experience is that it's normally an innocent accident (it is quite possible to be courteous when you're wearing running shoes, only sometimes you can't stop / swerve / get out of the way quickly enough).

The London City Runners have been going for ages too - I've never run with them but I've chatted to them many times and most are perfectly pleasant people. I think the guys that founded the club would be mortified to read Kevin's comments.

They set off in batches according to their predicted runing time, hence the clumps. I think some of them get carried away racing each other.

So, a plea from a runner with manners - please don't judge us all the same. I will make the running club aware of what's been said on this forum as although everyone is entitled to their opinions they may wish to add a rather more balanced view on behalf of their club.
Friday 3 August 2012 5.15pm
lullylush wrote:
This thread saddens me enormously. I must say that Kevin does not represent many many runners in the area.
Let me reassure you I am a runner and so is my wife. I know many other runners. Kevin and his mates are the exception, albeit quiet an obnoxious one by the sound of it.
Friday 3 August 2012 5.33pm
Yes i am the bad guy because we are accused of pushing pregnant women and knocking people over and being called scum. All of which is completley untrue so i am right to tell you all were to go.
I would suggest if this is the worst thing in your life then your all lucky. The city runners club has this entire thread on its facebook page and we all hsd a good laugh.
But yes im the bad guy for standing up to all this nonsense.

See you all tuesday night were as slways we do our best to avoid you
Jac
Friday 3 August 2012 5.45pm
lullylush and edward woodward now you know how we cyclist feel when as cyclists we are all tarred with the same brush on the forum and expected to apologise for the behaviour of others. I dont think anyone of us has replied with the same agression and rudeness as Kevin32.
Friday 3 August 2012 6.15pm
I'm a cyclist too, Jac :-)
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 4 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions