London SE1 community website

Runners in Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 5 of 8
Friday 3 August 2012 6.20pm
Well my faith in those organising the City Runners club was mis-placed. Kevin it appears is not a lone voice

http://www.facebook.com/groups/113153308722296/
Friday 3 August 2012 6.41pm
kevin32 wrote:
The city runners club has this entire thread on its facebook page and we all hsd a good laugh.
And you tell others to get a life? ROFL!!!!!! Facebook! Ha! Why don't you stick to FB rather than coming to inconvenience decent people on a friendly community website?
Friday 3 August 2012 6.43pm
lullylush wrote:
Well my faith in those organising the City Runners club was mis-placed. Kevin it appears is not a lone voice
Do you really want people to go and have a look at these saddoes' Facebook page?
Friday 3 August 2012 6.45pm
"... and being called scum.'

You did that one yourself, chief.
Friday 3 August 2012 6.52pm
lullylush wrote:

Some colleagues of mine got me into joining the CRC for a while a few years. They were a friendly, sociable bunch. Again, I think Kev and his mates are the exception. Either that, or standards have dropped dramatically.
Friday 3 August 2012 7.40pm
kevin32 wrote:
But yes im the bad guy for standing up to all this nonsense.

See you all tuesday night were as slways we do our best to avoid you

See you next tuesday Kevin...(sometimes the jokes just write themselves...)
Friday 3 August 2012 7.48pm
pixie wrote:
kevin32 wrote:
But yes im the bad guy for standing up to all this nonsense.

See you all tuesday night were as slways we do our best to avoid you

See you next tuesday Kevin...(sometimes the jokes just write themselves...)
Ha! That's the reply of the day!
Friday 3 August 2012 7.49pm
As a proud member of said club, I'm amazed at the reaction on here. The following things are true:

1. In 18 months membership and having had the honour of running hundreds of miles with these guys I've NEVER (or seen anyone else), bump, knock-over or intimidate any pedestrian.

2. Super competitive running club? Please....its more like a drinking club that does a bit of running on the side. Ha I love the idea of how "carried away they get racing each other". There's no egos. From drinking afterwards you've never guess who's quick and who isn't.

3. 200 Members? lol...you wish. I believe the true figure is 800+ but luckily for you delicate pedestrians, SAS heroes (ha!) cyclists, fatsos, moaners and whingers, we don't all run every week!

4. We're nice...put some shorts on, come join us and you'll see! I'll even buy you a pint at Shortwave to start you off ;-)

So don't be scared next time you see me running. Look out for me I'm the slow one at the back that runs to Rocky Soundtrack and woofs like an old dog.

See you next Tuesday! x
Friday 3 August 2012 7.57pm
Oh look, they're all coming our of the woodwork. Really making an effort to show their attitude is not limited to their running efforts. Bless.
Friday 3 August 2012 8.35pm
TheNibbler wrote:
Super competitive running club? Please....its more like a drinking club that does a bit of running on the side.

That explains the 'yah, boo, sucks' attitude from some claiming to represent the CRC. Their alleged boorish behaviour is down to the mass hysteria of the mob, magnified by alcohol.

Shame.

You may be running and feeling self-righteous, but your drinking habits (plus inhaling lots of city air, and then blowing it out of your @rses) are probably cancelling out any benefit from the exercise.

Suspect many of you don't live locally..?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 5 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions