London SE1 community website

Metal inspection covers on New Kent Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5
Tuesday 7 August 2012 11.00pm
I automatically get an email when someone reports a problem in South Bermondsey on Fix My Street.
The reporters are usually commuter cyclists with I-Phones, asking about cycle paths and blocked drains.
Wednesday 8 August 2012 10.10am
Got through on the 0843 number this morning, spoke to a young lady who gave me a Ref: No.2918475. She explained that the Contractors would be around to assess the problem and where exactly was it, I told her there would not be any problem as within a few minutes they would hear it.

She was very nice and explained the embargo on roadworks during the olympics except of course for emergencies. I told her it would be best if the contractors went out now to fix it because new kent road has never been so quiet, and when everything went back to normal it would be horrendous noisewise and cause more disruption if it was left until poste olympic..

She said that period is normally 28 days.....hopefully the problem will resolved by Christmas! So Watch this space lol..
Wednesday 8 August 2012 2.51pm
Boss St Bloke wrote:
That Fix My Street site is a bit hit and miss though. I reported 3 issues around me and none are fixed. Gave up with it.

Perhaps it depends on the type of problem. I've reported tens of incidences of dumped rubbish and misaligned pedestrian crossing lights (I think I'm mildly obsessed) and have only had to chase once or twice.
Wednesday 8 August 2012 9.07pm
Truthmonkey-home wrote:
Boss St Bloke wrote:
That Fix My Street site is a bit hit and miss though. I reported 3 issues around me and none are fixed. Gave up with it.

Perhaps it depends on the type of problem. I've reported tens of incidences of dumped rubbish and misaligned pedestrian crossing lights (I think I'm mildly obsessed) and have only had to chase once or twice.

Perhaps it's me then - I will give it another go as like most folks I want to help maintain a decent environment. Didn't realise Graham received an email for every submission in his area - good on ya!
Thursday 9 August 2012 11.52am
It's better to email local cllrs direct tho'.
Thursday 9 August 2012 12.55pm
I take your point graham but disagree. The site (and excellent mobile app) makes it much easier to quickly log the details.

It also means problems are on public view which saves double-reporting and aides chasing.

Cllrs (or anyone interested) can setup a local alert to be notified of problems in an area reported via the site.
Thursday 9 August 2012 4.07pm
I would prefer a direct enquiry from constituents, rather than via an irritatingly anonymous third-party website. A visit to one of my surgeries, a telephone or email enquiry is likely to get a faster, fuller response from me.
Thursday 9 August 2012 4.23pm
I wouldn't have thought that councillors should, ideally, be the first point of contact for such matters.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 13 August 2012 10.09am
There are several clangs now, of varying decibel levels, and oh boy am I tired, when it gets back to full traffic levels I will plea for a reverse deaf aid, i.e. to flip a switch and delete all sounds...would sleep in the back bedroom but cyc have noise going from about 3.45am receiving deliveries etc., oh boy am I tired.....
Monday 13 August 2012 1.13pm
Case in point, I've just got an alert email telling me someone in SE1 is upset because a street light is too bright.
fixmystreet.com
I've asked them to contact me direct so I can ask them about it.
I can't start instructing officers to start messing with street lights because of one anonymous complaint to a third party website, BUT, if it is causing a nuisance, I'm happy to try to sort it out.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions