London SE1 community website

Metal inspection covers on New Kent Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5
Thursday 16 August 2012 3.11pm
Theodolite.

Victoria Wood (through Patricia Routlage as Kitty) wrote:
I blame the engineers. You can see them on the hard shoulder larking about with their theodolites

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4mQxvmCAoM

http://troglodyte.org/
Thursday 16 August 2012 3.43pm
Oh Beetroot...I not only have egg on me flipping face...but the whole chicken! lmao.....I knew it ended with ...ites! I shall now peruse the other links....:-) sometimes I can even remember the right words! lol
Thursday 16 August 2012 3.46pm
aah troglodyte me in the morning before the botox,depillatory cream and razor...and something to remove the cuteanous.....
Thursday 16 August 2012 3.52pm
Forgotten how good Patricia is/was...thank you :-) x shall now remind meself what cuteanous is!
Saturday 18 August 2012 9.00am
I can't wait for these repairs to take place, in a spacee of 2 minutes have heard 19 clangs! earplugs do not touch the sound...last night and early evening was ear splitting..
Sunday 19 August 2012 9.42am
My God what a night! heat aside the constant emergency vehicles rushing back and forth with their sirens on, helicopters so low I thought it was going to land outside the back door..and then of course the clang...clang on the metal covers...wish Boris the Buffoon would stop bouncing around on cables and get his department to rush this through for the sake of the residents sanity near the flyover in new kent road...

I dont suppose he or his colleagues live in se1...but we can hope someone reads this. I would go away for a few weeks and stay at my daughters lovely freezing cold house, but am due to have essential treatment soon...:-(
Sunday 19 August 2012 9.48am
Feeling your pain Jan - there is one of those clangers 50 yards from me on Tooley Street. Wish I had a portable welding machine.
Sunday 19 August 2012 3.25pm
Just got back from the garage m&s, and realised that the covers extend right from bartholomew street to past driscoll house....If I was nimble enough Boss St.Bloke I'd run out with drums of superglue...:-( intend to phone again tomorrow but outside this time and stand near the noisiest one near to me. or wish I had a mini recorder so I could replay it over the phone...
Monday 20 August 2012 11.35am
Did stand outside and phone again quoting reference number, she said she would pass it on again...Colinio I cant believe how some many inspection covers must be loose...if any one here is reading this and is affected by it could they also report it please? me nerves...i'm suffering from me nerves! lol
Wednesday 29 August 2012 6.46am
No sleep again, no contact from TFL to explain when and where they will start, Boris the bumbling Bouncers dept., should pull their fingers out and shove it in the bloody cracks...can hear it even with industrial size earplugs and at the back of the house....:-(
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions