London SE1 community website

Metal inspection covers on New Kent Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5
Monday 10 September 2012 1.53pm
Yeah, now we are going back to normal 'service' from TFL after over a month of no sleep and rackets during the day, lets hope the ruddy things are all repaired. It's not so bad I have decided during the rush hour, then at least the drone of the traffic negates it somewhat!
Friday 1 February 2013 4.12pm
It's Baaaaacckkk! What sort of Contractors are Southwark paying for when after 16 weeks approx. at least 4/5 metal covers have been 'loosened' by crumbling road surface, right outside Driscoll House/garage, in the night could hear 'clank' clank..going to the Garage the noise is horrendous from the covers.so once again will starting to phone the Boris Boys Brigade! just have to scroll back to see what number I called.
Friday 1 February 2013 4.35pm
Yep - exactly the same as the "repaired" cover at the junction of Lafone/Tooley Street. In fact, the clank-clank is louder than last time.

Good news though - I can now tell if a bus or lorry went over it by the time interval between clanks. Might be handy one day.
Friday 1 February 2013 5.18pm
have reported them...I should have reported your ones as well Boss St...:-(
Saturday 2 February 2013 2.12pm
Have reported via Fix My Street. Will be interesting to see (and hear) what happens!
Monday 4 March 2013 11.11am
Boss St Bloke, did your ones get repaired? It is now March the 4th and the repairs have still not been carried out near Driscoll House, it looks like a bit of tarmac has been slapped over one, leaving another 2 still clunking...so here we go again...:-(
Monday 4 March 2013 11.44am
HI Jan - yes fixed thanks to Fix My Street.

Got an email from TFL too telling me they were on the case. Top marks.

Can PM the person and email address if you like?
Monday 4 March 2013 3.02pm
Yes Please Boss St bloke! :-) especially as there will probably be even more large plant vehicles going to work on sub-way filling in!
Monday 4 March 2013 5.10pm
Lol Boss St have just received a response from TFL...oyster card team! thought I had some spam, they say they will respond within 10 days, think I had better check who I sent it to! :-)
Monday 4 March 2013 5.20pm
Ah - perhaps try Fix My Street again, it pushed a message to the correct dept, and that is the one I sent you.

Who knows how SC works internally ;-)
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions