London SE1 community website

Nando's in Bermondsey Square Hotel

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Thursday 9 August 2012 2.57pm
The council has updated the licensing register - lo and behold they've changed the address to Scoresby Street and the ward from Chaucer to Cathedrals.

http://app.southwark.gov.uk/Licensing/LicPremisesAppliedDetails.asp?systemkey=838640

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 9 August 2012 3.25pm
And another chain..it would have been better to have just a normal restaurant.
Zoe
Thursday 9 August 2012 6.23pm
We are clearly down market enough on Blackfriars Road to have a Nando's , or is it the TFL building that's common?
Thursday 9 August 2012 8.43pm
Thanks everyone for your investigation. Does that mean tho that if southwark council did approved it, Bermondsey Square Hotel would suddenly find nandos moving in one morning!
Thursday 9 August 2012 8.55pm
No - they'd need the landlord's consent (i.e. the hotel owner) first.

|Free calls to USA & Canada | http://www.zipcall.com |
Thursday 9 August 2012 9.00pm
Common and up/down market are different things.

Bermondsey Sq is on an small/intimate scale and has an upmarket boutique hotel (or at least that's how they like to spin it). It would, therefore, be odd to have a Nando's on the ground floor because (a) it isn't upmarket and (b) it wouldn't be able to service the hotel guests adequately. Perhaps another (better?) way of expressing it is that it would be out of keeping in that location. To take it to extremes, you wouldn't have a McDonalds on the ground floor of the Savoy.

There is, of course, nothing wrong with Nando's per se.

|Free calls to USA & Canada | http://www.zipcall.com |
Sunday 12 August 2012 11.14pm
Some comments coming across as snobbish.
I don't like Nandos chicken at all but I would like a decent jerk chicken shop on Bermondsey St or Sq.
What exactly are people complaining about here?
The food or the perceived customer-base?
Monday 13 August 2012 9.39am
Sidney wrote:
I don't like Nandos chicken at all but I would like a decent jerk chicken shop on Bermondsey St or Sq.

Get yourself up Tower Bridge road to the Carribean place next to the Hartley, I think it is called Orvilles? The Oxtail is amazing, it is also criminally cheap!
Monday 13 August 2012 10.19pm
Thanks for that Rigga I'll do just that but surely it's down Tower Bridge Rd not up?
Wednesday 15 August 2012 12.16pm
Riggadon wrote:
Sidney wrote:

Get yourself up Tower Bridge road to the Carribean place next to the Hartley, I think it is called Orvilles? The Oxtail is amazing, it is also criminally cheap!
]
YES SIDNEY! Orvilles is the BOMB> Also Crystal China is AMAZING for chinese food. They have karoake and do this big chinese bowls that are off the normal menu but people flock from across London to order. If you ask the waitress she will explain and you can chose. We also had so much left we had it for our dinner the next day
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions