London SE1 community website

Misuse of parking bays -Leathermarket St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Wednesday 3 October 2012 5.12pm
GC wrote:
Thanks for your input Miss T. I've emailed all 3 councillors too previously without any success, but have just emailed them all again today. Pity it's not election time otherwise I expect we might be hearing from them!I will contact Simon Hughes as well although it does seem rather petty to have to approach him on a very local & simple matter which should be dealt with by the council.

Just wondered if after a month Simon Hughes or any of the local representatives have bothered to respond to anyone's emails?
GC
Monday 8 October 2012 10.35am
Very happy to report that the councillors have actually been very active. The latest is that there is going to be a phone pay & display installed for the 4 parking bays in question, but it awaits the approval of the Bermondsey St council apparently. They are due to meet very soon I think. So hopefully we'll all be able to have visitors again being able to park! Obviously though, even with the P & D it will depend how vigilent the parking wardens are about checking whether the cars have paid -not that I'm sceptical though!!
Monday 8 October 2012 1.03pm
CG - thanks for your post. I'm glad you have received a reply with some actual information about what's being done. I've heard nothing despite writing to two councillors and Simon Hughes. A pay and display for these 4 spaces would be very welcome. Since it seems only you have been accepted into the 'circle of knowledge' on this, it would be great if you could let us know if this issue actually progresses to a satisfactory resolution!
GC
Monday 8 October 2012 3.04pm
Sorry it was remiss of me not to have updated the forum, but if i hear any further news I'll certainly let everyone know
Wednesday 10 October 2012 3.59pm
They used to be regulated...what I am still waiting to know is why they were deregulated and who authorised it and on what grounds...any news on this would be extremley interesting
GC
Wednesday 10 October 2012 4.10pm
So far as I'm aware they've never been deregulated. According to the council the parking meters had been vandalised and black bags had been put over the disabled parking notice. I pointed out that when we had work done outside our building we had to pay 2K to the council to suspend a single bay for 6 weeks. This might explain why I'm so insensed over these 4 bays being used for free by R W Autos.
Thursday 11 October 2012 7.06am
Having parking meters means they were regulated....maybe these were vandalised but then they were removed by the council and as such deregulated....I too GC am very interested in why they were not re-instated?
GC
Thursday 11 October 2012 7.48am
Good point! I'll ask the councillor
Monday 5 November 2012 2.03pm
Just when I had given up hope of receiving a response to my enquiries about these parking bays, I receieved a phone call (on Friday 2nd Nov) from a representative of Simon Hughes' office. She was extremely aplogetic about the delay in responding and asked a few more questions about the current situation (which is the same as it was 12 months ago) to get an up to date view. She has promised to progress this issue for us and will keep me updated with any developments. I'll let you know if I hear anything further.
Sunday 2 December 2012 4.26pm
...just came across this post... Do you seriously think the local MP would support action which would close down a business of 40 years or more just because some new into the area would prefer another cafe or a PR agency? If this business needs 4 spaces to continue then this is what should be allocated so that they will be there in 20 years time.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions