London SE1 community website

JJ's Korean Bar and Restaurant, New Kent Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Sunday 30 September 2012 1.17pm
Speaking of horses: What's the best cheese to hide a horse?

Mascarpone!

I'll get me coat.
Sunday 30 September 2012 11.29pm
Returning the original thread, this is great news for NKR. Along with the well-lit and renovated hotel/hostel and the new flats/Tesco Express (yes, I know that's rubbish architecture), NKR is starting to look much more alive.

It would be great if some of the automobile-related businesses and the gas station could be replaced with commercial/residential/offices that actually have proper street frontage and encourage pedestrian traffic.
Sunday 7 October 2012 10.09pm
Went there last week with two friends with the intention of eating , unfortunately the three of us walked out after 5 minutes. The place felt tacky and unwelcoming. The person behind the bar was carrying a small child as he served drinks , I thought it was a restaurant but all it was , was a pub with a few sofas . The few people drinking in there made it feel like I was in the weatherspoon pub at the Elephant. The menus were plastic coated A4.
The food may be okay but the place/atmosphere didnt make us want to eat there.
Sunday 16 December 2012 8.40pm
Agree with glodge. I called in a couple of times, and they didn't seem to have got their act together at all.

Seems to have closed already.
Tuesday 26 February 2013 5.31pm
Looks closed. The blinds have been down for weeks now and not even seen signs of opening on Fri/ Sat evenings. Pity but I suspect the transition from pub to restaurant wasn't clearly communicated or obvious.
Anyone heard anything about what's next?
Tuesday 26 February 2013 5.42pm
SophieLondon wrote:
Anyone heard anything about what's next?

Flats?

(Not heard anything, just the most logical guess.)
Tuesday 26 February 2013 5.48pm
The place was up for sale for 900,000 last year.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 18 December 2014 12.12pm
There has been a hotel upstairs for a while now. The name (London Full House) and the minimal signage sticky-taped to the doorbell and pub windows made me think it was a dodgy backpacker hostel. I finally got round to googling it, and it actually looks pretty nice.

http://www.londonfullhouse.com/shop/service/private.php
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions