London SE1 community website

2750.00 to install boiler

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Saturday 27 October 2012 7.18am
Managing agents are notoriously ineffectual, greedy, and untrustworthy. Beware!
Saturday 27 October 2012 7.57am
exactly, the managing agents are greedy and untrustworthy!!!!
Saturday 27 October 2012 9.43pm
If the boiler is being put in exactly the same place as the old one it is a very expensive quote. It does not take very long to take the old one out and put another in! Also Google the list price of the boiler, remembering to add VAT, as they may be putting a large mark up on that as well.
Sunday 28 October 2012 9.05pm
I just got a new boiler installed and the whole thing cost 2,100 inc VAT. To be honest, I thought this was a bit steep but the engineer came on the recommendation of a lot of people, who vouched for his trustworthiness. He said that it was about as cheap as it could be for a decent job and decent boiler.

I can't tell for sure if he's right, but hearing that you have been quoted 650 more than that makes me think the going rate really must be 2,000+.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions