London SE1 community website

Drying rooms

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Monday 5 November 2012 7.59pm
Jan, There is nothing I'd love more than to have a traditional pulley. I know that there is also a company near Dundee that still makes them. I think they are much cheaper than the one you saw. Trouble is, I'm not sure where the solid beams in my ceiling are located! I'd hate to bring the plaster down.

Like you,when I saw what these researchers had come up with, i thought "What a surprise!" Have they not heard of TB flourishing in damp housing? Maybe they are not as old as us. By the way, we too had great drying cupboards in our Scottish council house in the 50s and 60s.
Monday 5 November 2012 8.14pm
Tuesday 6 November 2012 8.49am
Boroughonian, I thought I was looking at tracey emin fairy at first, then thought don't be stupid gel...put me glasses on and realised i think that it's those things for securing objects to plaster board?

Your right Beverly about so called experts coming to the opinion of what we all knew years ago!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions