London SE1 community website

New Co-Op on Jamaica Road (where Costcutter is)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5
Monday 19 November 2012 11.42pm
It's is one of four local stores converting to Co-operative Food, as announced on the news pages of SE1.

I'm one of twelve people elected in the Co-op's democratic structures to represent shoppers' interests in South London, and I work in SE1. So I'm interested to read your views when the stores open and I'll take up the issues I've already seen on SE1, including the opening hours and cashpoint. On that issue, it can take some time until we can convert it to a Co-op Bank one as there are usually contracts in place, but I'll check it out.

If you have wider issues or thoughts, email me on [email protected] or get in touch with Customer Services for specific problems with a product or experience you've had. We are always interested in new locations too.

Martin
Tuesday 20 November 2012 1.44am
1. Bring back Leffe at 1.19 a bottle for the classy drunks of us in SE1..

2. Bring back the big 'buckets' of yoghurt - they were ace..

That is all.

Thanks.
Tuesday 20 November 2012 9.58pm
Excellent news !
Wednesday 21 November 2012 11.43pm
I have a wider issue. Let's not have Co-op and have more independent retailers instead. Sorry, but I think this is just a case of Co-op attemting to beat the verminous assault of Tescobury's by stealth. I can guarantee that the inhabitants of SE1 will only see a rise in their grocery bills as a result of it.
Thursday 22 November 2012 9.16am
Where has the salt free sweetcorn gone!
Thursday 22 November 2012 10.41am
Which Costcutter is this?

a) Next to Tescos, or
b) Near the former Raven?
Thursday 22 November 2012 11.02am
Neither - it's up near Dock Head, opposite the defunct "Nine Bar" pub.
Thursday 22 November 2012 12.50pm
The one on Southwark Bridge Road has changed this week to Co-Op food too
Thursday 22 November 2012 9.16pm
As has the one on Great Dover Street.
Thursday 22 November 2012 10.45pm
The one on SBR was packed when I went in there today. Better than what it was before I think. I like their bread but you have to get in early before it all goes!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions