London SE1 community website

Good job these guys are around...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Friday 9 November 2012 12.15am
Le Roi wrote:
beetroot wrote:
I don't think it's hypocritical.

The vehicle is clearly causing an obstruction to visibility as well as blocking the lane. This is more than inconsiderate. The purpose of the double yellows is to regulate this behaviour. The purpose of the van is to enforce the regulations. Halting the enforcement vehicle in this location is therefore hypocritical.

To quote the bard "Twice triple shame on Angelo, to weed my vice and let his grow!"

The cabbies are not enforcement officers who fine people so they cannot be called hypocrites for halting in similar circumstances.

To conclude: I think it is hypocritical and agree with robdee.

Thanks for posting the pic m8!

Has somebody suggested the cabbies are hypocrites? Missed that one.
I don't think the van should have been there on Long Lane but it's not hypocritical. Can't be bothered to explain why except it's only hypocritical if you think useing snake venom in antivenom to save someone from a snake bite is hypocritical.
Cue to miss the point....
Friday 9 November 2012 1.32am
*Antivenin

I can nit-pick too... Yay!
Friday 9 November 2012 1.49am
Antivenom is correct too. You were nit-picking though so you were partially right. Strange that you engage in the discussion of hypocrasy but call it nit-picking if someone else does. You're boring.
Friday 9 November 2012 12.10pm
The thing that confuses or annoys me is that CCTV is supposed to be used for parking enforcement where enforcement via CEO (fancy name for traffic warden). This is hardly the case for side streets off Long Lane. The use of the car borne camera in this case seems to cause potential trouble. In the cited instance, could the driver not have parked behind thief fending vehicle (in a safer place than he has parked) and issued a PCN. Apparently they park up to focus the camera etc. that does not sound like an efficient use of time.
Friday 9 November 2012 3.38pm
Antivenom is a term uneducated people use for what is properly known as antivenin.

You're a keyboard warrior who has nothing better to do than reply to people who he apparently finds boring.
Friday 9 November 2012 6.07pm
You're wrong.
Friday 9 November 2012 6.26pm

And with that I'm done with this thread.
Friday 9 November 2012 6.43pm
Yay!
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions