London SE1 community website

Mobile mugging

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 4 of 7
Saturday 23 February 2013 11.21am
It happened on the western end of Tooley Street about 8.30pm. Maybe they do a few each night.
Thursday 28 February 2013 9.22pm
Be careful out there tonight. Just seen them strike again, outside the Costcutter on Tooley Street. Made off along Magdelen Street and reappeared on Tooley Street being chased by the victim.

If you're the guy, mid 30s, who was the victim around 9:05pm, then PM me, because I got a good look at one of them.

Two teenagers, both on bikes. First kid wearing black, second wearing black with a lightish hat no hoodies tonight.
Thursday 28 February 2013 10.19pm
At this stage, either the crimes are not being reported by the victims, or else the police can't be bothered to catch these little sh*ts.

They're hardly criminal masterminds - same people, same crime, same street, same escape route, same time of day, same half-arsed attempt at covering up.
Thursday 28 February 2013 11.45pm
If it wasn't for this forum would any of us know they're getting away with it on such a scale? I would only have known about the one I saw and I'd think it was rare. Is London full of it?
Monday 4 March 2013 7.45pm
I think I saw them this evening, around 7pm, cycling up Bermondsey Street near the florist (Iglu?).
I was on the pavement looking at properties in the window of the estate agents and one boy cycled between the window and where I was standing on the pavement.
The other 2/3 cycled very fast on the street towards Tooley Street
Monday 4 March 2013 8.50pm
my wife just had phone lifted out of her bag outside Tower Bridge DLR. Happy to report Police taking it seriously.

MO, Can't be certain but we think the toerag dipped into bag as it was opened to put Oyster back in but then got distracted by aproaching bus
Monday 4 March 2013 9.13pm
apologies to the human race. Phone not stolen, someone just rang us to return it :-)
Thursday 7 March 2013 8.37pm
I was approached on Great Dover Street early Monday morning by someone asking me where number 2 GD Street was, I was not sure but told him he was on the right street but should walk towards Boro HI St as he was closer to that side. He asked if I can check on my smart phone... Told him I did not have one (lied) he then did a huge tut before walking off!!
Tuesday 12 March 2013 9.57am
I got done last night. On Jamaica road walking from Bermondsey Tube Station to Abbey Street, guy on a bike, dressed in all black, black puffer jacket, riding a BMX. Brushed past me and grabbed it out of my overly inviting texting paw. Stupid of me, I know. Don't let this happen to you, keep your phones out of sight.
Tuesday 12 March 2013 12.58pm
Someone lunged for my phone as I was walking over Tower Bridge a few Friday nights ago, a volley of aggressive abuse and he was on his way and my phone was safely back in my pocket.

It has certainly made me realise that you have to be very careful.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 4 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions