London SE1 community website

Mobile mugging

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Current: 7 of 7
Tuesday 3 January 2017 10.33pm
A moped mugging took place on Saturday (31/12) around 12noon outside St George The Martyr church, 2 guys (faces covered) on a moped mounted the pavement and grabbed a phone off a girl and then sped off, even with several deliveroo drivers around the culprits did not seem to give a hoot!
Wednesday 4 January 2017 7.22pm
City of London Police warning of the same thing over the river, too: https://twitter.com/CityPolice/status/816602781268213760

I think I saw the aftermath of a phone snatch on the corner of Tower Bridge Rd / Queen Elizabeth St, outside the Sainsburys supermarket back on December 28th. Was cycling along Tooley Street and heard a lot of noise from behind and was soon overtaken by two blokes on a badly driven moped who looked to be getting away from the scene.

Be careful out there
Wednesday 4 January 2017 7.44pm
My wife was walking along Blackfriars rd today and was on her phone and the security guard out of the office next to the Crown pub told her to be careful as there was a phone snatch there today.
Thursday 5 January 2017 8.26pm
If one really has to make a call, or use their smartphone in a location that doesn't look too safe, a good option is to enter a phonebox and use your device inside it.

Not only will you be able to hear the conversation better (since street noise would be lessened inside the kiosk), but if someone really wanted your phone they would have to commit a robbery instead of a simple theft: big difference when getting sentenced...
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Current: 7 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions