London SE1 community website

Which SE1 pub is your local?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6
Saturday 8 December 2012 1.38pm
When not in my own pubs, i enjoy...

The Rake... always a new ale to try

the Charles Dickens... nice and relaxing on for a sunday drink

Royal Oak for sunday roast and a nice pint of harveys

Founders Arms for sunday roast and river view ( as long as you arrive early)

and although i dont think its in SE1 but we had a lovely roast lunch in the 3 stags by lambeth north tube.

are you planning to pulish your drawing?

cheers
phil
Saturday 8 December 2012 5.45pm
Have no idea how to go about it but my sister thinks I should do a book of my drawings done mainly in north Southwark, where I live. Sold quite a few at my recent exhibition at Waterloo Action Centre. I shall just keep drawing and give it some thought.
Tuesday 11 December 2012 9.24am
boroughonian wrote:
richard_badger wrote:
Think I should speak up for my local... the much-maligned Anchor Tap! It's an honest local boozer. OK, the staff aren't all smiles, but they're alright when you get to know them.
Beers are good - the bitter, cooking lager and the strong one - the stout makes an interesting change from Guinness. Cider's very nice. Scotch is good. Irish Whisky is better. Chilean red is OK. The red Spanish one and the whites are vile I'll admit.

Anyway, my work here is done... off to the Tap in fact :-)

I'd agree with that,a lot of those 50/50 tourist local pubs are the same (perhaps 80/20 in this case)the local punter becomes a breath of fresh air to the barstaff,a friendly familiar face and they tend to try and look after you a bit.

I disagree about the stout though,not a fan of Murphy's.

Is it Murphy's? Surely it's their own Samuel Smith's Extra Stout.
Tuesday 11 December 2012 12.10pm
TiaMariaJim wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
richard_badger wrote:
Think I should speak up for my local... the much-maligned Anchor Tap! It's an honest local boozer. OK, the staff aren't all smiles, but they're alright when you get to know them.
Beers are good - the bitter, cooking lager and the strong one - the stout makes an interesting change from Guinness. Cider's very nice. Scotch is good. Irish Whisky is better. Chilean red is OK. The red Spanish one and the whites are vile I'll admit.

Anyway, my work here is done... off to the Tap in fact :-)

I'd agree with that,a lot of those 50/50 tourist local pubs are the same (perhaps 80/20 in this case)the local punter becomes a breath of fresh air to the barstaff,a friendly familiar face and they tend to try and look after you a bit.

I disagree about the stout though,not a fan of Murphy's.

Is it Murphy's? Surely it's their own Samuel Smith's Extra Stout.

It has been a while to be honest,it used to be Murphy's,I think i've had that Samuel Smiths porter in a pub behind the Copper (as it was)was it the Samuel Smith? That was erm an experiance,wasn't my cup of tea.
Tuesday 11 December 2012 2.46pm
Simon the Tanner, The Leather Exchange, Katzenjammer and the good ole Marigold and Hand for a bit of old fashioned Souf London pub.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions