London SE1 community website

A heads up if you like kraftwerk

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Friday 7 December 2012 8.56am
What I want to know is how come they're not doing their first two albums?!

'Sorry, we only have tickets left for Kraftwerk and Kraftwerk 2?"

"Ah right... erm ok, I'll get back to you on that."
Wednesday 12 December 2012 11.46am
Wednesday 12 December 2012 2.14pm
Has anyone actually managed to get tickets? I had a quick try at 7.30 this morning , the website crashed. Iíve tried phoning a few times but canít get through. Iíve now given up! Apparently you can now buy them from the Tate box office if you are prepared to queue. Much as I love Kraftwerk I think Iíll save my money and have a night in Brighton or somewhere and perhaps listen to Trans Europe Express on the train down. Comments left on the Tateís facebook page are worth looking at, some are very funny as long youíre not too disappointed.
Wednesday 12 December 2012 2.31pm
Got my Trans Europe Express tickets earlier - can't wait for the gig! I had to re-dial probably 300 times, and then had a very leisurely conversation with the ticket office guy, who wanted all the usual contact details before confirming the sale. No wonder it was taking so long, but it was refreshingly human in these days of losing out on tickets to someone with a more powerful computer than you.

Did anyone see the Rolling Stones film Crossfire Hurricane on BBC2 recently, which had some footage of all the postal applications being received for the '73 tour? Just like trying to get Wimbledon tennis tickets. They should go back to that.
Wednesday 12 December 2012 2.33pm
Nope...spent all morning trying to get through...although some have appeared on Viagogo for £500 to £ 600 per ticket
Wednesday 12 December 2012 2.41pm
'Your call us important to us, you are currently ... 4,006 in the queue.'
Wednesday 12 December 2012 3.40pm
Not sure how touting tickets will work, given that no tickets are getting sent out - you have to queue up two hours before showtime, present the credit card you paid with and then they give you your wristband etc. Maybe you have to queue up with your tout on the night....?
Wednesday 12 December 2012 4.12pm
According to one of the re-sale sites that's exactly what you're going to have to do....they are syaing if you sell you have to still turn up and accompany the purchaser in....gonna be awkward for the overseas buyers of tickets who are trying to resell...and there seem to be tickets for sale in non-round amounts of Sterling idicating to me people have put them up for sale as maybe a Euro amount.
Wednesday 12 December 2012 7.07pm
Re-dial 300 times and did not get through. gutted!
Wednesday 12 December 2012 8.02pm
I was in a filed playing an immortal, in between takes hitting redial; phone packed in after 237 attempts.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions