London SE1 community website

Becky's Dive Bar

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Friday 22 July 2016 12.08pm
Thanks for that Sue, it's great to hear Lionel is well and enjoying life. If I remember correctly he played a penny whistle on the "Old Dun Cow" on "New Faces", has he still got it?

Give your Dad my best.

Dave
Friday 22 July 2016 12.33pm
I love this website :)
Sunday 24 July 2016 10.00am
Yes he still has his penny whistle and remembers New Faces well. He hasn't seen John or Graham in years so doesn't know if they are still playing music these days or even around. He sends warm regards to you and a big thanks to you and everyone for keeping the memories going.

Best wishes Sue
Sunday 4 June 2017 12.25pm
Hi Sue L. I am the Graham of that fame. I obviously remember those music sessions in Clapham and the craziness and insanitary conditions of the Dive. I tried to visit your dad when your family decamped to Northampton, but didn't get anywhere. He did write to me to say he now had a narrow boat in a nice shade of Blue. John and I continued "touring" for a few years but we dropped out of touch, so I'm not sure if he is dead/alive, or simply missing presumed fed. I would love to hear from Lionel again. Please get him to email
Sunday 4 June 2017 6.41pm
Graham, it was good to hear from you after all these years. Sorry to hear you are no longer with John and Mopps - great times back in the 70's & early 80's. Probably don't remember me - Dave, tall with a beard! You used to drop me off in Streatham after a late one in Becky's or the Globe.

Have seen some stuff on YouTube, John put on a couple of years ago, so he was going then!:

[/url] (Showing off his diaries!)

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUv0rJtKPP4]
(Remember this well!)

Are you still into the music scene?

Dave
Sunday 18 June 2017 12.53pm
Hi Graham

I've messaged you dads email address, and he's looking forward to hearing from you again. i can see him now polishing the squeeze box while he's waiting for your email :). All it needs now is for John to join in the discussion.

all the best

Sue
Monday 19 June 2017 12.01pm
Hi Dave . Of course I remember you. They were the golden years as far as I was concerned and I remember everyone. Thanks to you and via Sue, I have managed to contact Lionel, which has brilliant. I chuckled at john's you tube thing with sue cook. He hasn't changed a bit, apart from the Grecian 2000. The songs are sounding a tad morose, but hey ho!
Yes I am still playing, albiet to a smaller audience.
Thanks again
Graham
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions